viii. landfill

THE THIEF AND THE FOOL

↬•↫

in which jacob ives lays it all out and mike wheeler makes everything worse

again

landfill | the sauna test

〖 this is torturous electricity between the both of us, and this is dangerous because i want you so much - but i hate your guts, i hate you 〗

this is torturous electricity between the both of us, and this is dangerous because i want you so much - but i hate your guts, i hate you

↬•↫

JACOB LIMPED through the door at the side of Mike's house, one of Will's arms slung over his shoulders even though he was recovering from his own injury and the boy insisted that he could walk on his own.

But Will was shivering and in desperate need of rest, and realistically Jacob always had a ridiculously high pain tolerance, so the only person on his list of priorities right now was the hypothermic fourteen year old pressed to his side.

Lucas and Mike bustled in after them, dispersing to carry out their respective tasks as Jacob hobbled over to the couch and deposited Will on the plush cushions with a small grunt. He winced, placing his foot on the floor and testing his weight on it before withdrawing it quickly, knowing whatever nerves in his foot he had damaged were far too tender for him to be stretching.

His friends would treat him like an invalid during the upcoming struggle if he said anything, so he had said nothing of it as they climbed onto the bikes - he had to ride double with Mike as his own bike had been lost in the woods on the other side of town (that was two bikes lost to Hawkins forest, now) but thankfully the boy was too intent on getting them back to his house and into the warmth of the basement to ask why Jacob kept hissing through his teeth everytime his ankle slipped off the metal bar.

He propped a few pillows up for Will as the boy curled into himself on the couch, teeth chattering, and rested a hand on the boy's forehead for a moment, tutting at the icy temperature of his skin.

Will forced a chapped smile as his eyes began to flutter, grumbling something about his friend needing to rest aswell before succumbing to the exhaustion at the back of his own head.

Lucas rushed back in then with a few towels, settling next to Will and nudging the boy awake, handing one out to the taller of them without even looking away. Jacob accepted it, shrugging it over his own torso and watching anxiously as Lucas fiddled with the electric heater, propping it up right in front of the couch and putting it on full blast.