vi. unwell

THE MOUTHBREATHER VS. THE PSYCHOPATH - A SEQUEL

↬•↫

in which the darkness closes in on caleb moore and a certain bully gets decked by a wimpy ravenette

unwell | the body

〖 feel like i'm headed for a breakdown and i don't know why, but i'm not crazy i'm just a little unwell 〗

feel like i'm headed for a breakdown and i don't know why, but i'm not crazy i'm just a little unwell

↬•↫

"REMEMBER, IF anyone sees us, look sad." Mike instructed as they all strolled into the hallway of Hawkins Middle, earning a few absent nods and a hearty chuckle from Dustin in reply.

"That won't be hard for Caleb, right, Cay?" Dutin grinned, slapping the tired boy's shoulder playfully.

Caleb shot him a look out of the corner of his eye and Dustin dropped his hand back to his side dejectedly, grumbling under his breath that he was just trying to lighten the situation.

Look what you fucking did, you selfish prick, Caleb's thoughts immediately reprimanded him. You make everyone around you fucking miserable. What the fuck is wrong with you? You're going to make them sick. Sick, sick, sick-

"Shut the fuck up." Caleb hissed to himself quietly, slapping the side of his head and repeating the action with twice as much force when his thoughts only grew more violent. Eleven, the only one within hearing range, looked back at him with a worried frown and Caleb waved her off, eyes falling to the floor as the group of friends neared the AV Club room, a faint announcement over the intercom filling the silent hallways.

Mike rattled the door handle, slapping the wood in frustration when it didn't budge. "It's locked."

"Hey, do you think you can open it? With your powers?" Dustin proposed, looking at Eleven expectantly as Lucas and Mike took turns trying to push the door open. Just as Caleb turned to say something about his antipathy towards them using Eleven like a toy, a new voice caught their attention and they all startled, Lucas banging the back of his head off the wooden door as he rushed to cover up what they were doing.

"Hey." Lucas breathed, suppressing a grimace at the momentary pain in his head while the rest of them just looked at Mr. Clarke wide eyes and pale faces.

"Assembly's about to start." Mr. Clarke said with a frown, his handlebar mustache creasing in sympathy.

"We know. We're just, you know..." Mike said sadly, looking down at the ground and punching Caleb in the thigh discreetly to bring the boy back to planet Earth, but the boy continued to lose himself in the grooves of the tiles beneath their feet, his mind floating out of his body and he almost felt comforted by the intense feeling of dread the experience filled him with.