intermission | four

four | tired

↬•↫

you haven't felt right for days, is it the fact you never say what comes in your mind that day?

↬•↫

-unedited-

please keep list of trigger and content warnings in mind from here on out, this chapter and the next few will be extremely triggering, if you feel you will be affected by any of the topics listed please do not continue with this book, just take the last chapter of act 3 as your epilogue.

mind yourselves! <3

↬•↫

CHRISTMAS DAY passed in a blur.

El had ran into each and every room to wake them all up for presents and Jacob had fallen out of the bed on his way to the door to block Mike from her sight at the sound of her excited knocking. They had all piled downstairs in pyjamas and robes apart from Lucas and Dustin who had fallen asleep in their Santa and elf costumes, and Jonathan's camera rarely out of his hand the entire morning.

The Party had done a Secret Santa this year, which took up most of the day. Jacob had gotten Will some new Atari games and two Knickerbocker Lord of the Rings figurines to add to the boy's collection which he then had to swear on his twin's life weren't stolen (he had to cross his fingers for that one) and even though Mike had given him his Secret Santa present the night before, he still received the new The Cure record from Jordan and some new school things from Joyce that she had purchased for all of the younger teenagers.

As it was his first Christmas with his sister, he felt it necessary to still indulge some sort of celebration and he planned to surprise her with another weekend away in Steve's holiday home when she came to visit Hawkins for Spring Break. But El didn't go without gifts - aside from the school things from Joyce, she had also been given her Secret Santa gift from Dustin, a Princess Leia bobblehead and a pack of Eggos to sweeten it up further.

Dustin himself got some limited edition comic he had been trying to gamble off of Lucas for years, and Lucas and Max had exchanged the gifts after getting each other in the draw - Max's very thoughftul and expensive present had been the 'gift of moving on' which she presented to him via a plethora of names of girls in their grade that had a crush on him; Lucas had taken it better than he should have and even expressed interested in Jacob's old friend Dani Ayauo.

Jonathan had gotten Jordan in the draw and Jordan had gotten Nancy who had gotten Mike, which caused a round of record and novel swapping before the gift-giving was finally done with.