v. devil town

THE PART WHERE IT ALL STARTS TO FALL APART AGAIN

↬•↫

in which el hopper dumps mike wheeler's ass, and jacob ives tends to his drunken guardian who might not be so bad after all

devil town | the mall rats

〖 hold my hand tight, we'll make it another night 〗

hold my hand tight, we'll make it another night

↬•↫

tw : mentions of sexual assault, ptsd

sorry in advance

-not edited-

↬•↫

IN ALL honesty, Jacob had forgotten anything outside of the little moment of peace his friends had created with him by the time he stepped back into the mall and readied himself to leave, too consumed with the smile on his own face and the happiness on everyone else's to remember why he had been so full of rage earlier that morning.

Then he was walking out of the mall with his head propped on Levi's shoulder, their arms linked between them easily, and laughing at something Max and Will were bantering about, and it all came rushing back when a pair of boys he knew all too well made themselves known by arguing very loudly about splitting Old Man Humphrey's lawn-mowing schedule.

"Oh, this is fucking gold."

"They're not supposed to be here?" Levi guessed, feeling his own amusement start to brew as the boy coughed out a laugh of confirmation. "Max is gonna kill them."

"Just sit back and enjoy the show, sweetheart."

Max and El noticed the boys at that moment and the redhead scoffed, pushing her sunglasses into her hair as Will said a silent prayer beside her that it would all be resolved soon and they could go back to Mike's basement and playing some fucking D&D.

"Well, isn't this a nice surprise?" Max drawled, approaching them with purpose, pale eyes narrowed dangerously.

"What are you doing here? Did you get your ears pierced?!" Mike gaped, his bicycle clattering to the floor as he stared at his girlfriend in alarm, eyes quickly finding her twin and widening even more in exasperation, "She's your responsibility when you two are out, aren't you supposed to stop shit like this from happening?!"

"No, because I know that she's fully capable of handling herself." Jacob glared, standing to his full height and tugging away from Levi to prod at the boy's chest accusingly, "Unlike you, I actually value her as a human being rather than an object for me to have control over."