13. unknown

~~~~

What a day

I throw the keys on a table, next to the door, and let out a breath of relief. The whole entire car ride was silent. We can feel the tension—honestly suffocating us—as we're each hesitant to say something. I don't think anyone even took a breath during the 25 minutes.

After I dropped off Lisa and Claire, Sofie has taken it upon herself to ramble about her theories.

~10 minutes ago~

"That was awkward," Sofie pulls open the door and sits in the passenger's seat. Before driving off, I watch Lisa and Claire enter Claire's house.

"Tell me about it," I sigh, turning up the volume of the radio. I'm hoping the music will lighten up the mood, especially with everything going on.

"Switchin' the positions for you"

"Nope," Sofie shakes her head and frantically turns the volume back to zero. "Hell no! I do not want to picture it. I already did enough of it during that horrid car ride." she sinks into the seat.

She goes quiet for a moment and I start to think there's something wrong until, "like cmon!" she throws her hands in the air—there it is. "In the janitors office?" She looks at me and I laugh at her outburst. "Our textbooks, workbooks, science equipment are stored—" she stops and takes a deep breathe instead.

She stares at me. "What?" I say.

"I'm thinking," she furrows her eyebrows. "He's a fuck boy for sure." I roll my eyes in no doubt.

I've always known Jae is not so innocent—he's definitely way past it. I've heard he has done bad things, but I haven't seen or heard it from him. I don't believe he's the type to fuck every girl in school. Although there are rumors, I don't want to base his personality off of lies—they are rumors after all.

Now that I think about it, I don't know Jae—like at all. Once we're in high school, he seems to be a ghost in my memories—a long lost memory. I don't remember the last time, before this year, we've interacted. How come all of a sudden, it has changed? Why does he pop into my head after all these years?

It's very frustrating because I do not want to fall down that phase —Jae Foster being my crush. I was a total simp for him and I don't want it to happen again.

"Do you think Claire actually...?" I pull over to the side of Sofie's apartment.

"It was really obvious," she says. "I just never expected Claire, out of everyone. I really thought she was innocent."

"Is anyone nowadays?"

"You," Sofie points at me.

"Bish you are too! I don't know what you're talking about." I slap her accusing finger away from me.

"Mhm, says the one who just said 'bish'." Sofie raises her brows, pulling her bag from the back seat.

I scoff, "whatever," we both laugh as what we said are true. I'm not the purest person in the world. There are a few things I have yet to learn. Nevertheless, there's no shame in not finding interest in these stuff. It's not often where I think about sex, vaping, alcohol—you get the idea.

Sofie, on the other hand, may seem like a tough and experienced woman but, me and her are very similar. We have our differences, which balances our personalities. I think that's the main reason to why it has always been me and her. We relate to each other—only us—and not to anyone else.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she leaves the car. I watch her climb up the stairs and when I've confirmed that she's safely inside her home, I begin my journey to my own.