32. power couple

~~~~

"What's taking them so long?" Roman whines.

"For real! They said they'll be out in a minute," Eva glares at the main cabin.

The group is currently waiting outside—in the cold—for our teachers. They're really testing our patience. Supposedly they're "preparing" something before we head to the boys' dorm for game night.

"It's freezing out here," Conrad shivers in his thin jacket once again. At least he's wearing an extra layer underneath unlike last time. Taron wraps her arms around his waist as a solution to the drop of temperature. Me and Eva stare in shock.

"We're going to get hypothermia," Roman pulls Eva in a hug, warming each other up. It's my turn to look at Eva and similar to Taron she's flustered, and the blush tells me likewise—unless it's the cold.

"You two look hella warm," Eva shares me a look I've gotten to know. "I'm jealous," she points at our matching jackets. They may have similar designs, puffiness, color, and almost everything else but I don't see why she's going crazy over it.

Like on cue, I feel Jae's discomfort to the cold next to me. "Fuck," he wraps his arms closer to his body.

"You good?" I raise my brows. I notice the tiny hesitation and almost amusement. It urges me to ask, "what?"

He pulls out his hand from his pocket, "here." He gestures for me to take. I look down at his hand as if it magically appeared. He notices my doubt, questioning his action in my head.

He pushes his hand closer to me, and for some reason, I slip mine into his. He intertwines it then places both our hands back into his pocket.

Warmth.

"And I thought y'all wouldn't get any cuter," Gladis pops up beside me. I jump in complete shock as she came out of no where. As an instinct, Jae steps in between of me and the culprit.

"Gladis...hey!" Taron eyes her up and down.

"I wanted to inform you guys that Mr.Wilson will be coming out soon to bring you to the boys' cabin." She's beaming.

Taron looks like she has something to say back so before she can, I intervened, "Thank you Gladis." Taron's gaped mouth slowly closes because Gladis is already walking away. We suspiciously watch her spread the announcement to the others, turning back to each other when she disappears.

My gaze is set on the built chest in front of me. "Oh," I look up.

Jae's already staring down at me. "What?" He laughs, tucking a fallen piece hair behind my ear.

"You're hand is cold," I flinch from the actual chills that run down my body.

"My bad," he puts his hand in his other pocket. I was about to protest at its comfort but I refrain myself to not seem desperate. I'm falling deeper into the abyss of him and I don't like it one bit—I'm trying not to.

The main cabin door bursts wide open. "Game night!" Mr.Wilson yells, getting our attentions. He leads the way toward the boys' cabin.

We all enter the classy, white cabin? The place's designed completely different than ours.

We all—the girls' cabin specifically—gawk at the interior designs and modern-looking decor. The major contrast to the men's and women's cabin are drastically different. It's truly unfair. The whole cabin is decked out in white walls, marble floors, abstract paintings, and the complete opposite to our woody theme.