52. I want to be with you

"Are you sure you're okay Ellie?" Sofie asks as I round the front of my car.

"Yeah why?" I adjust my outfit.

"You're acting too different" she frowns

"I am?" I furrow my brows.

"Don't let Jae get to you" she rubs my arm. 

"I'm fine" I nod, plastering a smile.

"It is entirely up to you." Sofie casts a glance at Conrad's house, where you can hear faint music coming from. "If you don't mind, stick a middle finger in front of his face."

"I would love to" I smile.

As we enter Conrad's crowded house, I scan the surroundings, noticing many things moved around for the party. There are multiple streamers and balloons, but I can't see much through the cloudy air from people vaping and smoking in different places.

"Are you going to stay with Maria?" I ask.

"Yeah she's in the kitchen" she points to Maria grinding on one of Jae's teammates.

"You can drink, I'm staying sober" I tell her.

"You're acting like I'm an alcoholic" she points a finger down her throat. "Be careful"

"Ellie" I turn to face Eva, who is calling my name from the living room. I come to a halt when I notice something that has been bothering me all day.

"I'm sorry, I tried talking to him" Ellie frowns, concernedly watching my reaction.

"I'm fine, Eva," I reassure her. I look around the living room, noticing Taron and Conrad on the double seater Coach and Roman and Eva sharing the single couch. When my gaze falls on Jae, he smirks and takes a sip from his cup in the other single seater couch.

"You look gorgeous" she twirls me around with one hand and a red cup in the other.

"Thank you" I giggle. "Not to bad yourself" I eye her cute outfit of mom jeans and a loose, white,long sleeve button up.

"Why the hell is he acting like this?" Eva peeks at Jae behind her. "Do you know?"

I look at Jae once more, feeling my stomach flip, before noticing Eric at the other end of the room.

"I have no idea" I shrug after taking a deep breath. "I'll come talk to you later"

"Okay" she hesitantly smiles.

"You're not liking it" Eric takes a sip out of his cup while leaning on the kitchen counter.

"You too" I glare and he chokes on his drink.

"I..am not" his eyes roam around.

"Mhm" I turn my back to the living room, knowing the stares I'm getting from Jae.