14. the discounts

~~~~

"Put-put it all up in his face"
"Did I catch a case?"

Blame my friends for choosing the most vulgar song to blast. They yell out the lyrics as I calmly jam along from behind the wheel. In the meantime, I check the side mirror if the boys are following us.

During lunch, Claire suggested that we all get ready at my house. She believed it'd be easier for everyone to follow along after school, so we can go straight to the concert together afterwards.

In my car we have Eva, Claire, Lisa,and Sofie. In Jae's car are Roman, Conrad, and Eric. Till this day, I don't know why Claire invited them, but I can care less—the more people, the more fun.

I'm quite nervous on the way to my house. I don't really have people over. I don't like people in general. My home doesn't feel like a comfortable setting for others, especially men. There has never been a guy, let alone 4, enter my household. I don't have a choice in the first place, as I found out today that Claire has made the plans. I'm telling myself "to not mind it" because I don't want to ruin their excitement. I also don't want to turn them down.

We pull up in my driveway. Once parked, everyone leaves their cars then towards the front door.

"Welcome," I leave the door open. "There's a spare bedroom down the hall if you want to use it." I close the door behind Jae, throwing the keys on a table.

I watch the girls go straight to my room while the boys fascinatingly look around. I live in a small house that fits me and my parents perfectly. Since I'm the only child, my parents don't like the extra space.

"Cute pictures," Conrad smiles at my baby pictures. Jae stands next to him, analyzing them as well.

"Stop," I say when Conrad takes out his phone and captures a few pictures of them. I try to grab his phone away, but he extends his arm above his head and makes it more difficult for me to reach.

"Nice house," I turn around to Eric nodding to himself.

"Thanks," I nod uncomfortably as they stare at me or a household antique. I'm not used to this. "If you guys want anything feel free." I say as I make my way to my room.

"I can't believe we're going to see Jay Park!" I hear the girls scream once I step in my room.

"How did you even get tickets?" Eva asks, taking her hair out of a ponytail.

"My dad. He works at the stadium so it was easy for him to grab cheap tickets." She winks at us.

"Get the discounts," Lisa snaps her fingers.

I scan the room seeing Eva in one corner, Lisa changing at another, Claire checking herself in the mirror, and I believe Sofie is in the washroom changing as well.

I go to my closet and pull out the outfit I thought of last night. I decide on wearing something comfortable but, obviously, concert worthy. I don't want to soak my good quality clothes in sweat and other possibilities—I don't want to imagine. From what I've heard, Jay Park's concerts are wild and I'm surprisingly looking forward to it.

I take my clothes, walking out my room to the hallway washroom. I close my bedroom door behind me because I don't want the Jay Park fantasies to echo down the hall.

I wait in front of the washroom door for Sofie to be done. I take out my phone to occupy my time until she comes out.

"You left me on delivered," I hear him. I look up from my screen and Jae pouts across me. I roll my eyes and laugh at his exaggeration.