Did He Really

My heart was beating fast. He was really here. For me, it was only a few months, but for him, it was a 1000 years.

I looked down at my hands twiddling with my thumbs. What if he forgot me? What if he found someone else? He wouldn't, would he? I sighed and stepped from behind the rock. My voice was barely heard through the waves that crashed with the sandy shore: "y'know, someone once told me. Listen. For a thousand years, I've only been thinking about keepin' this hair silky, getting my hook, and being awesome, again. But is there a chance that there's a part which has been missing me?"

He whipped his head around his eyes landed right on mine. He didn't say anything. Without breaking eye contact, I went closer and touched his cheek. "Hi, Maui. I'm back."

Without warning, his arms wrapped around my waist, his face buried in the crook of my neck. He was crying. When he looked at me again, I wiped his tears away and smiled. His teary eyes had so much to tell me. Before I could say anything else, he crashed his lips onto mine.

"dumbass" that's the first thing I could hear coming from him. My mouth agape, I gasped offended. The first thing he had to say to me was this. Not I missed you, or I have made a statue in your name but dumbass.

I chose to ignore it and ended up saying "I love you too...dumbass"

Just before the gap between us closed yet again, I heard him whisper: "I love you too, so much." And with a smile on my face, I kissed his stupid face.