Goodbyes

The kiss was long and passionate. When the two parted, they both gasped and held their foreheads together.

The first one to break the silence was Leilani, who stood up smiling, took Maui's hand and led him to her favourite spot on the island. It was a cliff, and from there you could see the whole ocean.

The sun had already risen directly above them. They were a little sweaty as they both walked in the heat to the place on the mountain. Maui didn't know where she was taking him and he did not want to be rude by turning into an animal and just going his own way towards the goal spot.

They came up and Leilana sat down on the edge, her legs dangling down the cliff. Maui smirked, sat down and put his arm around her.

"I have not done this in a really long time. It feels a little strange," Leilana said. Maui nodded as he understood. He did have a fling here and there but nothing serious because after all, everyone dies in the end and he did not want to get too attached to them.

They were just staring calmly at the sea when Maui suddenly had his characteristic grin on his face and suddenly grabbed Leilanani by her waist. "Maui w-what are you doing," she said a little surprised by his sudden movement. He said nothing, just stepped over the edge while she was still in his grip. She let out a little scream as she saw them falling but that was quickly replaced by her laughter. When they were almost at the ocean, Maui changed into his eagle shape with Leilani on his back. She had her arms in the air like on a roller coaster.

But suddenly a big wave rose in front of them and Maui had no time to get out of the way. The wave swallowed them and took them underwater. Maui lost Leilani in the sea and when he changed into his shark shape and tried to find her, he could not find her. Suddenly a current brought him to the surface. Maui did not know what was happening but he wanted to go back down to look for her. Just before he went down, he saw a giant water form that was looking at him. Then he smiled "not fair". How can I compete with an entire ocean?" The water began to form into a woman as she stepped out onto the surface in her dress. She laughed: "You started it." She did not pay attention while she was laughing and before she could do anything, Maui pulled her down and pulled her closer "You surprise me, Leilani".

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Everything was perfect. They had fun and shared a few or maybe more than a few kisses, and both wished that this would never end. But Maui had to get the heart and Leilani knew that, so before he left, she pulled him closer and kissed him, broke the kiss, touched his cheek and whispered

Be careful.

Maui did not take her words seriously and just grabbed her by the waist with a smile, pulled her closer and said, "I am always careful." That was a really big lie. He was always so reckless and Leilani knew that.

Leilani touched his arms and removed them from her waist. "Goodbye Maui, the demigod of the wind and the sea," she said as she watched him transform and go into the jungle.

Maui was a little confused by her sentence but shrugged it off and went to get the heart.