Her Birth And The Others Return

Being in water form was not pleasant, and that was an understatement. All I could do was look and go around the oceans with the currents. I visited every nook and cranny that the water had. I found continents as in my previous life and saw the same culture described in the history books. I listened to their stories and learned something new from them every day.

After years passed and I didn't even know in which year something had changed. I was swimming with the whales in the Arctic when the water suddenly became so hot that it bubbled. As the bubbles subsided, I looked around and saw a hand. My hand.

Finally I turned back but with small changes. My hair was still white, now with a mixture of pink. My skin was no longer white, but rather a warmer brown.

I could not see anything else, so I swam up and was happy to be turned back after so many years. I climbed up the iceberg and screamed with joy into the wind and sent ripples of waves into the ocean telling everyone that the demigoddess of water had returned.

I slid down the iceberg and in the end I got down on my knees, removed the rest of the snow from the ice and looked at myself more clearly. There was now a white line on my chin that seemed to go all the way to my abandonment. My white tattoos remained, but I got two new ones. One was on my lower right belly, showing how I blocked the lava monster, and on the other side how I turned into water. A great reminder never to fight against a lava monster or in this case a goddess.

After I turned back I tried to find a reason for my transformation. The only logical explanation was that Moana was born, but this means that a thousand years have passed since the heart was stolen.

I quickly went there and looked up into the night sky at the stars and started looking for the right one. When I found it, I looked into her vision that showed an island. As I got closer, the people danced as if they were celebrating something. I turned around and searched until I found it. The chief's hut. It was big and spacious, and on the bed was a woman holding something in her arms. It was a baby, a little girl.

Moana

×××××××××××××

When I saw her I quickly dived into the sea, turned into the ocean and went with the currents to the place where I put the heart. It was safe and sound, but it took me a good two years to get there. When I arrived at Motunui Moana was already a toddler.

I loved how cute she looked with her big eyes and baby fat. I showed her a shell, but almost there she turned around to help a turtle. There it became clear that even in these early years Moana was kind and wanted to help others, even if she will lose something of her own along the way.

After five minutes of bonding her father took her away and I sighed. It is not yet time.

××××××××××

I know how many years I have to wait. Tala has taken the heart of TeFiti so I do not have to protect it and now I am free for fifteen years. With this I am off to search for Maui.

I just have to follow the star on its hook.

×××××××××××××

Maui's POV

Another day in this hell. Nearly a thousand years, and for what, for a stupid heart I was gonna gift to mortals. I do not have much to do here, so I made a statue of myself. I am pretty good, if I do say so myself.

A few years ago I thought I saw something in the sea, I was sure of it. It reminded me of Leilani. Her soft, porcelain skin, her delicate frame and long white silky hair. How I wished she were here with me.

I walked along the beach to maybe find something to help me get off this rock. But again, nothing.

The rest of the day I slept and lazed around the island, and when the sun went down, I went up to the highest rock to look at the beautiful night sky. The wind blew a soothing, warm gust into my hair, when suddenly the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. It was a chilling sensation. It was as if someone was watching me.

When I turned around, my eyes grew bigger, for I did see the delicate little flower I once met a thousand years ago. She was still small, petite, with skin light brown and white-hair. She stood there with her big hopeful eyes that were so clear the stars shined brighter in them, than in the sky.

Leiliani