Another One Like Me

Maui had one goal in mind, and that was to steal the heart of Te Fiti and give it to mortals so they could create life themselves.

As he came to the island, it was already dark. The trees mingled with the wind in the night. Maui was tired from his journey, so he wanted to rest somewhere. He went into the jungle searching for some shelter. Just as he was about to climb a tree and sleep there, he heard rustling. He hid behind a tree and just watched as the world stopped before his eyes.

There was a woman whose skin was glowing in the moonlight before him. Maui never saw a woman that had skin as white as hers or hair as long and shimmering. It puts even Mauis to shame. Her frame was as an hourglass, and Maui gulped as he saw her stripping down as she went into the lake.

She was relaxed and looked at the Moon and dipped her head into the water. It was so enchanting, so enchanting that Maui forgot where he was and made a sound alerting the beauty in the lake.

She whipped her head around looking into Mauis direction.

"Who's there?! Show yourself." She said as she covered her chest. I didn't know what to do, so my brain just automatically turned to "Mortal Pleaser Maui". And I laughed all confident and stepped out of the cover of the shadow of the trees. She looked me over, then it was like recognition hit her, and she said my name "M-Maui?"

I didn't know what else to do but to give her a cocky response back.

"The one and only."

××××××××××

BACK TO THE DEMIGODDESSES POV

My mind was in a frenzy. Even if I had known for years that I became a demigoddess, I didn't have a clue that I was in the movie Moana.

I used to ship Moana and Maui together, but when nothing new came out, I gave up. I still looked at him as if he was something very strange. He had the same look on his face.

I decided not to be nude in front of the demigod, and so I created back my clothes and got out of the water. As Maui didn't know I had already clothes on, he quickly turned around with the tip of his ears red.

I smiled at the sight and said: "you can turn around, I already have clothes on".

He carefully turned around and looked at me.

"How do you know who I am?" he asked with curious eyes, but I didn't want to tell him that I was from a different world, so I said in a praising voice "well who wouldn't know the demigod of the wind and sea, a hero to all". He nodded and started to look around.

I sighed, relieved that he believed that, and that I watched and was a fan of Moana.

"And who are you?" he asked walking around confidently till he sat down on the grass full of white flowers.

That was a sight.

I quickly came back from my thoughts thinking what the hell am I doing and said

"I am Leilana. Demigoddess of water."