Return Of The Demigod

After a thousand years I finally used my powers again. The stars, showed me where was Maui. He was sitting on a big rock and nothing but sea around him. I quickly went towards him.

When I came, I saw him still angrily looking at his hook, he didn't even notice when I sat beside him. I grabbed his hand and gently squeezed it, to get him out of his trance. He looked at me and when he realised who was sitting beside him, he frowned and put my hand back on my lap. He stated: "None of this would have happened if it wasn't for you." I frowned at the comment and replied: "You know that's not true. Either way, you had to restore the heart of Te Fiti. With or without me." When he didn't reply, I continued: "I know it's hard right now, but it will get better. You just need to restore the heart." Maui looked at me, anger in his eyes: "How do you know that. How do you know it's not gonna get worse?!"

I looked at him: "Can you please just trust me on this?" But Maui wasn't having it: "You know what, I had it with you and your secrets. Why don't you wanna tell me why you chose Moana, or maybe why you left me that day?"

I stare confused: "Me leave you? I needed to go because I needed to bring Moana to you. The islands were dying, it was time to restore the heart. Secondly, when I woke up you were nowhere in sight. I thought you didn't want to be with me."

"...but I do. I do want to be with you. From the first time I met you, I was fascinated by you. You were the first person who fought for me and stayed with me, not because of my title, but because I'm me. That day I woke up earlier and went to think and when I returned to the cave you were nowhere in sight. That day I wanted to say...I love you, Leilani. I wanted, no I still want to give us a chance. If you'll let me." he asked hopefully.

I was overjoyed. I threw my arms around him and kissed him passionately. He returned it, but before it could turn into something more heated a bolt of lightning from the hook zapped me and I jumped, making Maui chuckle. I remembered I needed to get him back on his feet and towards Moana.

"Maui, you need to help Moana. I know you're afraid, but the hook does not make you Maui. You do."

He smiled and stood up. "Come on what are you doing you slowpoke, we need to go save the world."