No Way Out

Stillness.

Have you ever experienced that? It is the absence of movement or sound. Sometimes it's relaxing and good, but now it was chilling to the bone. After that big explosion, no sound was made from the shore or Te Fiti. I was completely cut off.

As I meant to go towards Maui, the ground started shaking. A hissing sound, like the one when the water touched Te Fiti, was getting closer. Or louder.

As a big shadow fell on me, my eyes moved up. The rumbling and shaking continued and it intensified as the shadow grew bigger. Te Fiti was growing bigger. But not the green version of her. Her eyes now lifeless, a black void replacing them, lava still going through her veins and seeping out of her body like sand in an hourglass, just now, the lava was white. She was like a volcano that is going to destroy the whole world in just one blow.

I averted my eyes from her, as it was too much. My breathing was rapid and my hands were shaking. I couldn't stop. The sight was just terrifying. So that's how a raging god looked like.

For now, I have time to regain my strength, or just figure out what to do next. I could counter her with water, but just for how long will the water hold her off?

My time was running out as her figure made slow movements, but just that made enormous earthquakes which cracked the Earths surface. I was afraid. I couldn't take one step forward. Just the thought of being in the presence of this creature was horrifying.

My body was shaking as I made a giant wave and sent it her way. As it touched her body steam flew up, but she made no sound. Her head slowly moved in my direction and stopped after she spotted me. Her black voids seeped deep into my soul.

Not even a moment passed by, as I was flying up into the air, blood coming out of my mouth and Te Fitis hand on the spot where I stood before.

The blow was so strong all the steam was blown away and the sky was clear again. I could see the tiny spots of Moana and Maui, but nothing more than just mere spots. I was so high up, they seemed like ants to me.

My eyes moved to my left and now I was face to face with the one and only Te Fiti.

What could I do? I was just a powerless being against her, but I need to try and protect Maui and Moana.

I tried again, now the wave was bigger than before, but nothing seems to be happening. Te Fiti grabbed me and moved me closer to her face. After observing me up close, she frowned and started squeezing me in her closed fist. I screamed in pain as she started crushing my bones.

In one last try, I summoned the ocean to help me, give me her strength. The water climbed up Te Fitis body, like a spiral. My white line which went over my body started glowing, and as the water went higher and higher the light radiating off of me increased.

My screams were not heard anymore. Now all the whole Earth could hear was Te Fitis cries as the water went over her whole body and shut off her power. Her figure slouched, and as the lava hardened she fell forward into the great ocean, creating tsunamis and destroying islands.

As she fell more water covered her whole body. She was like a figure in an ice storm; frozen and unable to move. I was still captured in her fist and had no way out. I heard the cracking of the hardened lava on her body and I knew I didn't have much time.

I looked around. There was nothing. Just water.

My tears were mixing up with the ocean, as I cried in despair. I didn't know what to do.

-Ba-dum-

My Heart