The Fateful Fall

As our bodies collided and I couldn't feel the ground beneath me, I stretched my arms forward searching for some kind of stability to hold me up, and I did find something. or someone. The fall was so quick I don't remember every detail, but I do remember the feeling that I got when his arm circled my waist. The feeling was warm, almost hot and it spread quickly from my stomach towards my heart and cheeks.

I looked up at him for just a second but I didn't have the time to look into his eyes. As happy as I was to be in his arms we didn't have much time, so I retreated my arms from him and turned into my water form preventing him to get hurt as we collided with the ocean's surface.

The water was cool and shimmery as the stars were so bright they reflected on its surface. I turned back to my original form, my tattoos still shining from my transformation.

Maui resurfaced and gasped for breath as he searched for something to hold him above the water's surface. His arms found my shoulders and just like that I was supporting him until he regained his breath.

When he was breathing evenly, I started to think about the situation we were in right now, how we didn't see each other for quite some time now and the first thing we do after we see each other again, we fall off a cliff. So my lips form an involuntary smile and soon after I started laughing. Between my laughing, I tried to form some kind of sentence but it was hard enough to laugh, swim and support another human being.

Maui was strangely quiet the whole time and when I realized that and looked in his direction, he was looking at me with the same smirk he always had. I stopped breathing for a second then quietly said hi to him. He laughed: "Well Angel looks like it's not just you today who fell out of the sky." I blushed at the new nickname and smiled sweetly "well maybe were both fallen angels then" and turned into water and appeared back at the beach.

My hair was dried and in soft curls, my dress long as ever which clung to my body as well, maybe even better than a thousand years before. My feet were buried in the sand as the wind started blowing around me. I sat down and closed my eyes relaxed and happy to have some peace and quiet. This island was in the middle of nowhere. No animals, monsters and humans. It was a paradise for the ones that want some relaxation.

I heard splashing but I didn't open my eyes and just waited for him to come to me. "Y'know you could've helped me back there, as it was your fault we fell into the sea in the first place," I smiled at his annoyance, "wow the great and powerful Maui wanted my help," I said and stood up walking towards him. When I came over to him I put my arms around his neck and put my mouth near his ear. I breathed out before saying anything and felt goosebumps forming on his neck and arms. "I'm sorry. Do you still need help?" Maui gulped and took a step back his ears a bit red at the tips.

"N-no, that's okay. Well, I gotta go now, see you in the morning." And quickly as he came, he was already gone.