Chapter 4

Shawn

Lyla and I end up staying Monday and Tuesday night at her new apartment, taking advantage of Megan not being moved in yet as we made sure to have sex on pretty much every surface plausible. Just when I think I'm tapped out and need to replenish electrolytes and take a minimum three hour nap, Lyla sends one lingering look in my direction and I'm hard within five seconds. She's in the washroom right now, doing her hair after our shower together this morning.

We have to head back to my house to meet my new roommate and give him his set of keys. Danielle had texted me last night to remind me that the dude was showing up around noon today to move in. Lyla's apartment is only about a ten minute drive from my house so with it being just past eleven we still have plenty time to spare. When Lyla is finished in the washroom we decide to head to my house early anyway and head out.

Not to my surprise, Lyla insists on unpacking more of my boxes when we get to my place and she heads straight up to my room to do so. I argue with her not to, but the girl is an organization junkie so I just let her get her fix. The doorbell rings close to noon and I leave Lyla up in room with her arms buried deep in a box as I head down to answer the door.

When I open the door I find a young guy standing on the porch. He smiles at me somewhat nervously. He looks like your average college student as I size him up quickly. About six feet tall, short black hair buzzed down, lean build, he's obviously in decent shape.

"Hey you must be Shawn," he says as he smiles at me and extends his hand out. "I'm Will."

"Yeah, man," I respond as I accept his handshake. "Nice to meet you. Come on in."

"Thanks."

Will steps into the house and I close the door behind him. He's looking around the front entrance to the house and it dawns on me he's never actually seen the house in person, just in a few pictures we posted online with our ad.

"Did you drive up?" I ask.

"Yeah, it was about a two hour drive from my hometown so not terrible. Is it cool that I just parked on the road out front or is there assigned spots?"

"That's fine, we all just park wherever there's a free spot. This place doesn't have a driveway or garage so that kind of sucks in the winter months with the snow, but we make do."

Will nods his head in agreement with me. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I turn to see Lyla coming down the last few steps. When she looks over at me she smiles and I watch her eyes shift to Will. I watch her face shift to one of shock and disbelief and I raise an eyebrow in confusion at her reaction as she reaches the final step.

"Will?"

"Lyla?"

I watch Lyla walk towards my new roommate and they pull each other into a hug as they both laugh. What the hell is going on?

"What are you doing here?" Lyla asks as they pull out of their embrace, but I stare down at Will's hand that remains resting on Lyla's waist.

"I live here," Will answers with a light chuckle as he smiles down at her.

"You go to Oakridge now?"

"Yeah, I just transferred. Wanted somewhere a bit closer to home and they offered me a sweet scholarship so it made sense."

"That's awesome. It's so good to see you. Its been forever."

I'm still standing off to the side, watching their interaction and feeling fucking confused. Lyla seems to remember I'm here still as she glances over at me and moves a few steps towards me and I watch Will's hand drop from her waist finally.