𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩

~ ~ ~
COMING SEPTEMBER 10TH

~ ~ ~ COMING SEPTEMBER 10TH

You And I

Although I may not catch everything you say, I don't need words to understand you. The dark envelops me in his arms; the stars blinking as they try not to fall asleep. White clouds rest on the ground as the snow falls, but ultimately we fall faster.

The fire crackles, keeping fingers and toes warm, but in your arms the sparks between us burn brighter. We turn the buttery page with soft fingers, the dusky smell of vanilla entering our sense's.

With my ear to your chest, I count each breath you take. Your voice coaxing my eyes closed through the rumble of your chest and I have to wonder if we are two lost souls. The shadows move across the wall as moments pass us by. Time isn't measurable. It means nothing.

Sometimes you meet someone and just know. You know they are your forever person, your one and only. The little things add up and I don't need words to understand love.

But as you whisper gently, your words kissing me goodnight,

I know it will always be you and I.

Winnie Jade Lee

xx

[NOTE]

I just want to take a moment to pay my respects for Queen Elizabeth. She passed earlier today and I know it's going to hit my country hard. She was the longest reigning monarch in British history and it will not be the same anymore.
Rest in peace 🕊

winnieiswriting 2022