𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 2𝘯𝘥

~~~

"Quinn! Quinn! Quinn! Where are you?"

"In the damn library." I call back dropping the paper I was skimming through. I had been working on the team game plan to make sure I didn't need to update anything. I had to constantly make sure that our strategies weren't becoming outdated, I needed us to stay top of our game and we could only do that if I knew what we were up against.

I lean back in my chair as I wait for the tiny red head to come bumbling into the room. My back was stiff this morning when I woke at 4am in the red chair. Bethany was still curled into me fast asleep and I didn't want to wake or scare her so I waited. She's not a morning person at all and didn't wake until past 9 so I used the time to watch recent games of our competitors, make sure I was staying relevant with my teachings.

"Hi."

My eyes fly up to meet her figure currently hiding behind the doorframe, she looked nice and warm for once and I knew then she had spent the last few hours in front of the fire. It was the one thing I made sure to keep on top of during the day, I never wanted the cabin to feel cold no matter how much I wanted to open every damn window in this place.

Bethany was small and could not keep heat in her body for long and when she got cold she took forever to warm back up. So even though I hated the warmth and wanted some fresh air, I wanted her happy and warm more.

I hum beckoning her towards me with a finger and wait until she hops up onto my desk, her legs swinging softly the opposite side to me. "What have you been up too?" I grumble.

She smiles tilting her head to the side as she watches my lips, "I was doing something..."

I raise an eyebrow and it doesn't take long for her to spill. I listen as she tells me about calling her mom and doing some research for our project. Sending jack an email and then reading the book I had been reading to her last night. I don't interrupt, partly because I love the way her eyes light up as she explains everything but also because I get the feeling no-one ever really listens to her.

She is always the one doing the listening.

Making sure she never misses anything or doesn't appear rude, but does anyone ever stop to actually listen to her? My gut tells me no as she babbles on about anything that comes to her mind.

"- Anyway did you manage to look to the camera footage, I could have a look if you wanted me - wait." She gasps eyes widening as she turns her body to face me. "I don't have anything to wear for tonight, Quinn what am I going to do?"

I chuckle leaning forward onto the desk, "There is a box on your bed, sweet girl."

Her mouth drops and before I can even blink she has hopped off the desk and is rushing out of the room. I lean back waiting for her reaction and it comes a moment later, her squeal of excitement reverberating through the halls.