𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 5𝘵𝘩

~~~

3:24pm, New York

3:24pm, New York

I wipe away the remnants of my dried tears, my head feeling full and achy. My steps are light as I weave my way through nurses and doctors. The floor is busy, busier than earlier.

"Hi! Sorry, are you Miss Russo?" The light voice calls from inform of me. I blink to find a nurse stood there holding a package and a bunch of flowers. I find myself nodding as exhaustion gradually creeps up on me.

"Then I believe this is for you."

"Thank you." I nod with a small smile. Taking the flowers from her I can't help but smile as I see Quinn's handwriting on the card. The package is weighty and full and my mind wonders as I try and figure out what he would've sent.

Opening up the small card his familiar scrawl greets me.

Hi sweet girl. I thought you might need something bright and memorable. I wish I could be there with you, I miss you Cherry. Waiting patiently, Quinn.

My heart beats faster at how thoughtful that was, how nice that was. It was one of the nicest things someone had done for me in such a long time. Bryce was never one to do things like this, he didn't have it in him to be romantic.

I didn't think Quinn would be if I was being honest but it seems that maybe I was wrong. He likes to smother you in his affection once you have it I've come to realise. I can't say that I don't like it either, I love it, it makes me feel acred for in a way I never have before.

"Is that from someone?"

I look up to see dad wiggling his eyebrows at me. He is still teasing me about Quinn even after talking to him earlier. I move towards him so someone can get past and watch as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"His name is not someone." I roll my eyes, "You know his name."

"I do." He nods with a small smirk.

"Well then call him it."

"Okay," He drawls, "Is that from Quinn? Quinton Fox the professional coach of the Winnipeg jets?"

My jaw drops, "You googled him?"

"Of course." He scoffs turning and walking away. I follow with a smile as I shake my head, of course he was going to google him. I guess I shouldn't blame him either after everything that has happened with Bryce. "He is one huge motherfucker Bethany."