𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 7𝘵𝘩

~~~

"Hmm?"

"Hmm?"

She hums blinking sleepily at me while she questions if I had said anything to her. The answer would be no, I didn't need to say anything to her at all. I had enough to occupy my mind with, the sight of her, the smell of her perfume and the touch of her soft hair was enough for me to be utterly consumed with her.

God I had missed her. I knew I had but seeing her in front of me increased it tenfold. Who knew you could miss someone so much? I watch her fight sleep for a moment before I put the book down that I was reading for her. I gently lift her out of the bath, immediately wrapping towels around her to keep her warm.

Leaving the bathroom I enter my room and lay her on the bed. I dry her as quickly as I can wary of her body beginning to shiver again. Then I pull down one of my long sleeves over her body, a hoodie following.

She watches me with a smile as I hold up some socks, shaking her head lightly at me. Then she lifts one foot so I can put the thick thermal socks on. They lay bundled half way up her calf and I watch in amusement as she swings her legs up in the air while I pull back the covers.

She crawls slowly over the bed, flopping onto the pillow before sighing hard and long. "It's good to be home." She mumbles before adding, "This smells of you."

I cover her with the duvet answering her with kisses all over her face like I usually do. Then with one last kiss to her ear, I place her implant on the bedside table and leave the room to grab some logs. She picked her room because of the view but she really should've picked mine because of the fireplace. She needs it more than I do, although it's not exactly a problem now she'll be with me.

It's good to be home.

My heart thumps harder at those words. She see's this as home? See's me as home? It is all I could ever wish from her at this point. We had so much to talk about, us, the project, what happened in New York and most definitely her getting on a flight after I told her not to.

But not today. Today she needed to rest, to decompress after spending so long being on alert. I light the fireplace, ignoring my natural instinct not too. And then I strip down to my boxers and climb into bed, pulling her small body tight to mine and finally falling sleep. Only this time, she was right here with me.

~~~

My body tenses as I fight to move. I'm stuck, I'm stuck and there is nothing I can do. I fight against the invisible restraints as my body pulses with the need to get up, to wake up, to get out... before it's too late.