𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 19𝘵𝘩

~~~

The door opens and I'm hit with the smell of gingerbread, the walls flickering from the light of the fire

Quinn shuts the door behind us and gently helps me towards the couch, wrapping me up completely with a blanket once I have sat down. I watch as he disappears for a second and then returns with a gingerbread man. I take it with a small smile and nibble into it as he watches me intently.

Then he's gone again and I take the time to look over the cabin. It looks the same as it did when I left yesterday in a rush. We have just got back from the hospital and my gaze flickers to the clock above the fireplace. It reads 6pm as I yawn, my eyes gently closing as the tiredness takes over my body.

I lay my head down onto a pillow in the corner and curl up in a ball. I'll just rest for a moment, just a moment to gather some energy for the rest of the evening.

When my mind next comes to, I feel a hand gently brushing the hair out of my face, warm fingers running over my cheek before someone is fiddling with my ear. My silence is disturbed as my head is filled with static only for a second and then I can hear my name.

"Bethany? You've got to eat something now, cherry."

I yawn snuggling deeper into the blacker that I had brought up and over my head to hide away in. I shiver suddenly as a cool breeze flutters across my face and peak an eye open to see Quinn peaking though the blanket.

"I'm cold and tired." I whisper slurring my words still slightly as my brain struggles to catch up. I whimper as he takes the blanket off me anyway, blinking my eyes open as he pulls me to sit upright. I cross my legs and yawn again, snapping my eyes open in shock as I feel someone rest on my tongue.

"Leave it." He mutters narrowing his eyes at me when I try and take it out. I look down and see it's a thermometer and wait until he asks me to open. Taking it out he reads it with a frown once again leaving the room only to come back with another two blankets.

"I've got you soup." He grumbles sitting next to me, I slid into his side due to how much space he takes up watching as he leans towards the table to pick up a bowel. I peak inside and see it's red, tomato soup, I wrinkle my nose.

"No." He shakes his head, "Your eating it."

"I'm not hungry right now." I sigh after reading his lips.

"I'll feed you myself if I have to." He warns raising an eyebrow. I watch his grey stormy eyes and see he is serious. Oh jeez. I huff and pick up the spoon, blowing gently I hesitate to place it in my mouth. My eyes moves to his and find him watching me with a look that defiantly told me he would do it.