𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 16𝘵𝘩

~~~

"Not safe at all

"Not safe at all." She grumbles from behind me.

"What are you grumbling about?" I question throwing her a glance over my shoulder. Her flushed face is the only thing I can see popping out of her coat. We had bundled up to come into the town again.

Ideas were sparse and we are supposed to have the outline finished by the end of the week so I suggested we go into town again. Bethany was all for it until she got lost on the way again and now here we are only making it into the alleyway after forty minutes of walking.

It's only supposed to take twenty.

"Me grumbling?" Her eyes widen as she gapes at me, "Your the one grumbling all the time."

I send her a look of disbelief before continuing on until we pop out into the centre of the town. It's busier than the other day, crowds forming at store fronts as the Christmas decorations continue to appear. I have never seen so many in my life.

We wonder through, eyes moving from one thing to another as we try and think of an idea. I still don't know how one is going to fit in here, I can't help but consider if it's too busy already. The amount of tourism and attraction they would get if they begun to host ice hockey championships would increase it past its capacity.

"Go back now?" Her small voice asks, her red tipped fingers resting on my right arm. Her hands look freezing and I have to stop myself from 'grumbling' at her about forgetting her gloves. I sigh down at her watery eyes, we were not done.

"Follow" I nod my head towards a cafe, placing my gloved hand against the small of her back. I usher her forward, the bell dinging as we enter through the door. A gust of icy air follows us in, other people shivering at the sudden change in temperature.

She watches me brows dipped in confusion as I move straight towards the waitress behind the desk, "Hi, could I move a table to sit by the fireplace?"

"Uh-" She looks muddled, head turning to look at the various tables and chairs already set up. Shrugging she nods, "I guess so."

"Great. Could you bring over some tea as well?"

She barely has time to nod before I'm turning around to a thoroughly bewildered Bethany. Grasping her hands I pull her softly, squeezing through the middle of important conversations and silly laughs.

"Quinn? I- What's happening? I didn't catch what you said, I'm sorry."

I make sure to turn so she can read my lips, "It's okay."