𝘋𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 16𝘵𝘩

~~~

"I'm speechless

"I'm speechless." Jack chuckles, his lips stretching into a huge smile.

I find myself smiling as well, happy that he took my change of plan well. "A good speechless I hope?"

"Definitely Bethany. You both have surpassed my expectations, this is going to be huge when this is finished. The idea about swapping buildings?" He shakes his head as more soft laughter escapes him.

"It was all her idea." Quinn's voice echos from beside me.

"Well it wasn't being used. No one wanted it as a shop, it was away from town," I shrug, "It was the only thing that made sense. Move the ski hub into that building that way people wouldn't have to go to the top to get supplies. Then the ski hub can be turned into a rink, it was big enough, right Quinn?"

He nods, his eyes detaching from the screen where Jack's face sits until the stormy greys land on mine. A small smile tilts his lips up as he watches me, "It was a squeeze but then we thought about storage underneath the rink alongside the changing rooms. Then it just all fit into place."

"Yes!" Jack snaps his fingers, "I love it! So what's next? Talk to me."

"Well I'm brainstorming a name and Quinn said he would help with marketing."

"If she tells me what to do." His lips twitch as he nods his head towards me. Jack laughs in response, nodding his head like he understands.

"Then we are sorting out buildings plans. We are going up later today to see how the removal of everything is going. Hopefully the rink should still be open in time for the last game of this season so around..." I drawl off not knowing when the season ends.

"Mid June." Quinn fills in for me.

"Yup, that."

"Great. That sounds great. I - I'm so proud of you both, I know how hard this has been along the way. Bethany..." He shakes his head, "I'm sad that you have been holding this all inside of you this whole time. I knew you could do it."

I shrug feeling my face flush at the positive attention. I'm not used to being praised, normally it's words of negativity that swarm around me validating fears that eat me from the inside. Bryce would feed my fears, make me second guess myself constantly. It's a shame it took me this long to realise he was... gaslighting me.

"Right, I'm due in another meeting soon so I'll leave you both to it. Keep me updated as always." Jack waves getting ready to head off the call. I hesitate now knowing that he has a meeting to get to, but then again when am I going to have the time or connection to talk with him any other time?