𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 27𝘵𝘩

~~~

"Quinn, Quinn, Quinn

"Quinn, Quinn, Quinn."

"Quit shouting at me women." His voice grumbles from upstairs.

"Well hurry up then." I huff. My back is leaning against the wall of the hallway as I wait until we can leave. I had bundled up early and was already nice and toasty. "Common, I want to -

"- Get on my nerves?" He questions, boots thudding down the stairs, arms stretching though the holes in his coat. I watch how his coat fits snug to his strong body, still questioning how he manages to fit through the door.

"That's mean." I pout.

His eyes narrow, "Stop pouting and get your ass out the door before I leave you here."

I scoff rolling my eyes as I turn around to head towards the front door. The wooden groves call out to me, each line running concurrent until they meet in this random swirl. Pulling it open the wreath on the front moves slightly. "I was ready first."

"For a change."

"What's the matter?" I stop and ask. His back is to me as he shuts the door and then briefly moves the wreath back into place. He tenses at my question as seconds tick by. His body finally turns and I watch his stormy eyes roam over my face.

My stomach swirls as he steps closer and I have to tip my head back to meet his eye. Voice gruff he answers, "I don't want you to get your hopes up."

I falter, mouth opening to respond but nothing escapes. "I don't know what you are talking about." I mutter after clearing my throat. His eyebrow raises but before he can say anything I continue, "We are tourists right?"

He is silent and mutely nods his head. "Right."

I turn taking only a few steps before his voice stops me, "Cherry..."

"What?"

He sighs moving around me until all I can see is him. My eye's take him in, tall and wide, dark brown hair matches that of his beard, despite looking older upon first glance up close Quinn still poses this youthfulness. He's strong and kind while still being able to command attention and take charge.

He swallows deeply before admitting, "I don't like to see you upset. I don't want you to be upset, so if I have to tell you some harsh truths now, then that's what I'll do."

The wind brushes against my cheeks. "Okay."

He frowns, "Okay?"