Chapter 17: Settling In

Allison's POV

"When I was a freshman in high school no one was interested in being my friend, till one day a beautiful girl named Reed Night came along and started to be my friend. We started to date not to long afterward and fell in love. We started to plan our future and wedding details like where we would get married after high school the whole thing." Adrienne paused for a moment laughing at a thought I presume by her actions.

"You don't have to continue if you're uncomfortable Adrienne honestly," I felt as though she was forced to tell us her past with Reed before vampirism became of her life.

"It's fine. Anyways, when I was a senior in high school I was on my way to visit Reed at college and surprise her right before graduation when suddenly a drunk driver hit my car. I woke up in the morgue of a hospital confused and dazed with my feelings heighten. I killed a homeless guy that night, the monster within me hunger for blood and so I fed; I didn't even give the guy and easy kill, it was rather painful for the guy I imagine."

"I guess you didn't tell her?" Grace the rather soft spoken British girl asked staring at her curiously wanting the answer to her question.

"No. I didn't know what I was at the time until these two," Adrienne had pointed to Drake and Ellie before continuing her story. "I had let my family think I was dead. I watched my family burry an empty casket for closure and Reed crying her eyes. I thought I had done the right thing, but seeing her now kills my heart. I'm so stupid." Adrienne confused not giving a care in the world about our views or thoughts about what she had said.

"Let's go outside," Terra said pulling on Adrienne's hand as they went outside of the apartment door heading up the elevator by the sound of it.

"Eugene or Grace where do we sleep?" I smiled warmly trying to win their trust over. These people seemed nice, but over the years I've come to terms with keep my walls up just in case before I need to know if they are trust worthy or what.

Red where are you when this group needs you?

"Come on baby," Jonathan snapped me out of my daze pulling me close to him. Aacia, Drake and Ellie were the only ones remaining in the living room as the couple lead us to our rooms.

"The closet is to the right and the bathroom is rather small, but you have to twist the nob twice in order to turn the water on and the bed is rather nice and soft." Eugene gesture towards the room as I eyed the whole room.

"Also make sure to leave the window close at night or else a stray cat will come in at night unless you want to pet it. Any questions?" Grace asked us the two of us.

"I think we're good. The place looks nice." Jonathan said as the two and left us along to our privacy of this apartment. "Is it just me or are you not digging the pink walls?"

"It's not just you. We can't bitch about it all day and at lease it's better then that motel we went into that small town. We barely fit in one room with the others." I said as he started to laugh.

"True, but the memories we had on the road have been great with Terra and Red. I hope he sends us the sign we agreed on in case any of us were ever separated." Jonathan sounded concerned making me see how much he really cared for him.

"He'll find us. We need to be patient more then ever with this Adrienne and Reed."

"No," Jonathan prolonged his eyes widening for a more dramatic effect to his words. "I love Terra and Red, but he needs to be pussy whipped already dammit and at this point I don't care by who."

"Let's get comfortable and relax baby," I whisper softly in his ear as I lock the door and window.

"Hmm I can't keep my hand off of you," Jonathan ran his fingertips lightly up the course of my back making me needy for more.