Chapter 24: Come Together

Terra's POV

"Are you sure about this?" I slammed the trunk of our new 2010 Black Dodge Charger and looked up into his dark eyes that I am in love with. A sudden gust of wind made my hair fly around me and rub my shoulder my thin long sleeve grey shirt wrinkling and exposing my stomach a little. "Yes, I have to see her."

"Do you want my jacket?" Red was dressed rather sexy today. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a brown leather jacket and dark denim jeans with brown boots.

"You've known me for how many years? No, I don't need your jacket. Don't you even dare come on this side I'm driving," I said snatching the keys from his hands as he laughed getting in on the passenger side of the car as I started the car immediately turning on the heater.

"How many hours away is it, again?" Red was being cautious about my decision since we had discuss this topic before, but I was never able to actually go through with it.

I needed closure.

"8 Hours, we should be able to get their around 2 or 3 the latest because of gas and food. I still need that since I'm the only human in this car, did you make sure to pack enough blood bags for the week?"

"Yup," Red said tapping his finger as I kept my eyes on the road and drove. The car was silent for a minute before Red started to fiddle with the radio. "What the hell?"

"What's wrong?" I asked taking a quick glance to look at his face and noticing how disgruntled he looked. "Does it not work or something?"

"No. Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have trusted Jonathan to make sure it would be fix but Allison needed me to get more blood at the time. Shit." Red mumbled in anger as he slammed his hand against the dashboard making me jump.

"I'm sorry, don't be upset we could talk I guess?" Red grabbed my back bag, a plain red color the zipper and straps black as he opened it and started to look for my iPod. "It's dead, do you mind charging it?"

"Yeah," Red said opening the smaller pouch and eventually finding the iPod as he plugged it in and placed the device in a cup holder. "I'll drive at the next rest stop, you should sleep a little I know you'll be tired soon."

I laughed at his request and only hummed an agreement not saying anything. The car was awkwardly silent for the next few minutes, thinking about everything that's happened the past few days since we've seen the coven.

Olivia was dead and Frank has been in a serious coma, Adrienne doesn't know if he'll make it the odds are slim. Reed started to drink heavily, Grace and Eugene stood by her side caring to her aid for recovery. Jonathan and Allison are taking a road trip as well. After everything that's occurred the past few months from hiding, killing and laying low the three of us needed something we've left aside ever since I've became the lone star and that was closure.

Allison want to drive all the way to Massachusetts; Harrison's body was buried there and Allison wanted to place new flowers and finally say goodbye to him. Jonathan was tired of his night terrors and wanted to finally go to Maryland, he needed to apologize to his family and have peace with what happened in 1913. Lastly, I needed to see my mother and know what happened to her after I was kidnapped all those years ago. She lives in Washington, DC and waitresses at a small restaurant that's been successful.

Red was the only one who didn't need closure. The past was already behind him and he wanted to come with me. I love him for doing so and I wish I could tell him, but we still haven't recovered from that awkward kiss. It's rather juvenile now but it seems even more foolish now. "Terra? Did you hear me?"

"Yeah it's fine," I lied trying to pretend I was paying attention.

"Really? I guess, I'll remember to wear boxers when we go to bed together tonight. I tend to sleep nude, but I'll learn to make an exception for you Terra." I blushed at the thought of seeing his body and boxer inches away from my body and so close I wouldn't be able to control myself with him, I might do something foolish and touch him inappropriately.