Chapter 11

"I am sorry, My Lady, if I am unable to show you around the castle; perhaps next time, but don't worry, I will let my attendants accompany you to your new residence," King Baldwin said.

"Don't worry, your majesty, I can manage from here," Lady Philippa  say as she gracefully bow to his majesty.

Lady Philippa was escorted to her residence following the High Court trial, while King Baldwin went to meet his other vassal for the war meeting. 

As she entered the castle hall, Lord Roger De Moulin greeted her. "Milady," Roger smiled and waved his hand as he approached Lady Philippa and kissed her hand as a curtsy, which Lady Philippa quickly removed her hand reluctantly because she was not used to that gesture, which Roger smiled at.

" I apologise for startling you.. Please allow me to formally introduce myself; my name is Roger De Moulin, Grand Master of the Knights of Hospitaller at your service." he says, bowing his head.

"Nice to meet you, Lord De Moulin... is there anything I can do for you?" Lady Philippa inquired.

"Nothing really... I just wanted to meet the infamous lady who defeated our lord commander in archery," he explained.

"Lord Commander? you mean Count Tripoli, I see... now that you've met me, is there anything I can do for you?" she asked coldly.

"You don't have to be wary around me my lady... I don't bite," Roger chuckled in response to the lady's cold response.

"Don't get me wrong, my lord, but I'm not afraid of you; I just don't like talking to strangers," she explained.

"Strangers? I am no stranger, milady... I actually did help you earlier in your trial, if you remember, and I also want to be your acquaintance," responds Roger.

"Help me? I beg your pardon my lord, but clearly I don't need anybody's help, I can take care of myself and I don't need a friend right now, if you excuse me," she said as she tried to walk away, but was stopped by Roger, who said, "but I insist, you can use a good friend since you are new here."

She rolled her eyes and locked her gaze on him. "Did you truly want to be my friend?" she asked. "m-milady o-ofcourse," he replied, looking Philippa in the eyes, as she looked him in the eyes and leaned her face close to Roger's, making him nervous and intrigued by the Lady's charm.

"You... you're really handsome," she said, her face close to Roger's, his heart racing as he felt her breath and smelled her sweet scent. "But you're not my type," she added as she took a step away from Lord Roger. "I'm not sure what you're planning, but your charm won't work on me; it's best if you find someone you can play with," she said coldly.

"w-what? " Roger inquired, perplexed.

"Please excuse me, my lord, but I really need to go now and I don't have time for this, cheerio," Lady Philippa said as she walked away with her attendant.

"c-cheerio?" said Roger, baffled and dismayed.

Meanwhile, at the King's court

"I can't believe you, your highness," William said, "that you allowed the little lady to join your royal court." "I don't understand it," William sighed. "How come you agreed to the lady's terms?" William inquired.

 "How come you agreed to the lady's terms?" William inquired