Chapter 20

Meanwhile at Baldwin room

"Mind telling me, sire, did you really sleep with Lady Philippa?" asks Aimery.

"Pardon?" I inquired.

"Well, you were in the same bed... and we saw you in a very intimate position...should I start calling her Princess?" Aimery inquired.

"Aimery... " Baldwin put down his pen and looked at him.

"Yes, sire," he replied.

"What do you think happened?" I inquired.

"Well... I'm not sure..." he replied.

"Would you like to know?" I inquired.

Aimery blushed, "n-no.. of course not your highness... " He knelt, "I am sorry for asking such a rude question, I shouldn't have asked such a private matter with you and the lady," he apologised.

"You may rise and it is okay," I said calmly, "let us just say nothing happened but it was such a wonderful night," as I continued to write.

Then William came in and said, "Aimery, please leave us," and aimery followed.

"your highness... the vassals are getting restless... I heard that while I was away the plague struck, but the house of dukes needs their answers... prince Bohemond will be visiting soon... and I am not sure myself if it is going to go well this time... " he sighs " Saladin is already making their move, and I don't know if this kingdom will be able to survive... our man is still recovering from war "

"I know you are worried, that I will not be able to make it.. I am already making plans to meet my cousin Philip Of Flanders, he will be arriving in east on September, He will bring financial aid from another cousin, King Henry II of England. What I know that King Henry is invested because he and I both belonged to the Angevin family." Baldwin stood up and looked out the window.

"Then, once all of the preparations are finished, we will invade Egypt," he added. as William stood silently watching King Baldwin with confidence

Philippa's POV

Days have passed, and on this fateful day, I will meet him for the first time... well not the first time for Philippa...Philippa's memory and body, however, remain terrified of him... As I looked out the window, I saw the knight from Antioch march in from the castle gates, carrying the insignia of our family.

"My lady, let us get you ready," Emma said.

I'm thinking about how I'll handle this... First and foremost, I am not Phillippa...as I fiddle with my hair. But, as I looked in the mirror, I realised I was starting to resemble and be her. It all starts when I meet Gustav; in my previous life, I was able to take down guys like him because I am in the military; at the very least, I am trained in hand-to-hand combat because it is required that we learn to defend ourselves. But it was as if my body had become weak and fragile that day...

"Should I learn to fight again?" I muffle.

What's the matter, my lady? " Emma inquired as she worked on my hair.

"Emma... I want to learn self-defense... where should I go?" I inquired, turning to face her.

"s-self defence?" she asked, tilting her head.

"Yes, like hand-to-hand combat, fist fight... I just wanted to learn how to defend myself," I explained.

Emma exclaimed, "Oh... you mean fight?"

"Y-yes?" I answered.

"absolutely not, my lady... even if I know, I'm not going to tell you..." she laughs.