1.

I've got a major soft spot for goalies and stuart skinner has stolen my heart mostly because he is from edmonton and I love seeing him play for a team he cheered for growing up hehe anyway hope ya enjoy this one
__________________________________

While I'm curling the last section of hair on my client the bell above the door goes as the door opens.

As I'm about to tell who ever is coming through that we're going to be closing in 5 minutes and won't have time for any services I see one of my best friends lauren.

"I'll be done in just a few" I tell her. She nods "take your time" she says then sits down in the waiting area. "Is that lauren Kyle?" My client asks quietly. That's not the first.

I nod "yeah we're friends" I answer. "That's cool" she says. I nod and take the Cape off then show her her hair. "Thank you Anna i love it" she says. "Of course, do you wanna come back in 6 weeks to get a retouch?" I ask.

She nods and we book her next appointment after she paid then she goes and I help the other girls clean up before gathering my things and leaving with lauren.

We stand outside and she turns to me "sooo are you coming to the game tonight?" She asks. "Mmmm I guess I'll come, it's been awhile" I answer. "Since Adam" she says.

Honestly it still hurts to think about but I was dating Adam Larsson for almost a year when he got sent to Seattle, we mutually broke up but I still haven't been to games. "Yeah since Adam" I frown.

"Don't let that keep you from going to games" she says. "Who are they playing tonight?" I ask. "Not Seattle so please come" she answers. I laugh "ok fine" I give in.

Natalie comes out of the salon and locks up since the other stylist had left. "What are our plans for the night?" She asks putting her keys away. "The game, you coming?" Lauren asks. "Yes! Do we have time to get ready?" Nat asks.

Lauren nods "yeah we've got an hour and a half until gates open" she answers. "Great I only need 10 minutes to touch up my hair and makeup and 5 to get changed" nat says on our way to our cars.

We all meet at the apartment I share with natalie, since Lauren's ready she just watches us and scrolls through her phone. Natalie's done quickly and I add a touch of blue glitter in the inner corner of my eyes then re-curl my hair quickly.

"Let's take some selfies first" nat suggests and that's what we do. The three of us take a bunch of selfies on our phones before leaving.

Since theres still time we uber to a restaurant near the arena. "So since you haven't been to a game in awhile there's been some new players" lauren says once we're at a table.

I raise my eyebrows "are you trying to hook me up with any? Because you know I don't do hockey players" I ask. She groans "oh come onnnn I think you'd really like him" she says. "so I'm right" I say sitting back.

Natalie sighs "come on anna just because it didn't work out with Adam doesn't mean it won't with whoever Lauren's trying to hook you up with" she says trying to compromise.

"I just need time" I say. "It's been a year" nat replies. "I don't want to date a hockey player and then have him be traded or sent down to Bakersfield and it not work out for us" I tell them.