21.

One of the chapters I'm most excited to write hehe enjoy!!
________________

"Wanna get married?" He asks. "Wh-what??" I reply. "In the next year do you wanna get married?" He asks. My heart starts thumping and I hold his hand tightly "is this a proposal?" I ask. "Well I don't have the ring yet so no but also yes" he answer.

I nod slowly and my mind starts thinking about what lauren and natalie were saying and then I think about what our future can look like.

He looks over at me nervously as he's driving. "Of course i do" i answer. He smiles "yeah?" He asks. I giggle "stuart I would LOVE to be your wife" I confirm. He smiles happily and kisses the back of my hand, specifically my ring finger.

For the rest of the drive he says that we can look for rings whenever I want and then he'll actually propose since he wants it to be romantic. I just won't know when. The suspense is kinda fun and I'm excited for this year.

Just a few days later the new years eve game happens, jack was in net and was pulled during the third because they were losing 5-1.

Stuart saved all the shots on net once he was put in and the oilers got a couple more goals but unfortunately lost. Stuart was upset but we went over to connor and Lauren's and partied all night.

He rests his head against mine after our midnight kiss "I love you" he whispers. I smile happily "I love you" I whisper back. He cups the side of my face then kisses me gently.

Our friends around us watch and cheer happily. "CUTIES!" I hear natalie shout. Lauren whistles and I laugh against Stuart's lips then pull away. "Next new years eve you'll be my wife" he whispers just so I can hear.

I smile brightly "I can not wait" I whisper back. He smiles "how does a new year's eve wedding sound?" He asks. "Romantic" I answer. He smiles "sounds like a plan then" he says.

Everyone goes back to doing whatever before midnight hit and Lauren comes over to us. "Whatcha talking about?" She asks. I turn around facing her and stuart rests his hand on my hip.

"I half proposed" he answers. She gasps "whaat?" She asks. "What do you mean half?" She asks again. He chuckles "well I asked but I dont have a ring yet, she'll choose it herself" he answers. I look up at him and smile "next new years eve I'll be mrs. Skinner" I add smiling.

She smiles "that's so cute" she gushes then hugs us both. "Group hug?" Connor asks coming up to us and joining the hug. The three of us laugh "babe they're engaged too" she tells him. "Wait, too?" Stuart asks.

Connor smiles sheepishly "we're getting married in vegas after playoffs" he says. Stuart smiles "that's amazing dude" he says then they bro hug. "Why is everyone hugging?" Leon asks coming over and holding a red solo cup.

We all laugh and pull leon into a group hug. "What's going on though? I'm confused" he asks. "Lauren and I are getting married in vegas after playoffs" connor tells him. "Oh yeah I remember you told me, what else?" He asks looking around.

"By next year stuart and I will be married" I tell him. "Really?" He asks. We both nod slowly and I look at him nervously. He's my best friend I hope he's supportive. "That's amazing Congrats" he says hugging us.

After we stop hugging each other we go back to partying for another hour. While I'm standing in the kitchen talking to natalie I feel hands on my hips and the hair on my neck move then lips on my neck leaving soft kisses.