13.

Enjoy
_________

"So you want this quadrant orange instead of red for Halloween?" I ask. My client nods "yes and then when it fades we can do whatever you want" she answers. "Yknow that is why I love that you're my client" I reply.

She laughs "I do know" she says. She's been my client for a couple years now and let's me have creative freedom, she recently wanted to go dark but still have some colour so the front left quadrant is always coloured and the rest is black. It's pretty cool.

After I section it and make sure all the red is together i go into the back to mix up bleach. Since red is warmer than orange I have to take some of it away.

While I'm mixing it my phone starts ringing. My mom. That's random. "Hey mama" I greet. "Hows my girl doing?" She asks. "I'm great just at work so I can't talk too long" I answer. "Ah well I'll be quick, I know it's just a couple months until christmas but what are your plans? Are you coming home to visit?" She asks.

Honestly I have not even thought about it. I don't want to be away from stuart but I also want to see my family. "Uh I don't know I'll have to talk with stuart and see what he's doing" I answer.

My mom gasps "who's stuart?" She asks. "My new boyfriend" I answer. "I have a million questions" she says. I giggle "we met through connor and lauren, he's the same age as me, and he plays hockey" I tell her. "Hockey? Like NHL?" She asks. "Yeah he's the oilers goalie" I answer.

"Oh wow, does he treat you ok?" She asks. I smile happily "yeah like a princess" I answer. "That's good, maybe your dad and I will fly over to Edmonton it would be nice to see connor and lauren too, maybe stay longer and catch a game" she says.

I smile at the thought of going to a game with my parents "that sounds wonderful, I've gotta go I'll call you later so you can ask more questions" I tell her.

She laughs "okay sweetie love you" she says. "Love you too" I reply hanging up. I go back to my client "sorry my mom called" I say. "Aw that's ok" she says. "She was asking a million questions about my new boyfriend" I tell her.

We then get to talking about stuart and she asks a few questions about him and I spill everything then she spills about her situationship.

Her hair lifts the red off nicely and I rinse it then blow dry it to 80% dry before mixing together the perfect orange and the black she chose.

After it's all in I set a timer for processing and then go into the back room to clean the bowls before the dye dries up. Then I go back to the front desk to check the schedule for the rest of the day.

Not much going on but tomorrow's Halloween and we don't have clients after 3 so we're closing early to get ready for the party lauren and connor are hosting.

The timer goes off and I move her over to the shampoo bowl, I rinse out the black first then the orange then I shampoo it and deep condition it so it stays soft and healthy.

As soon as she sees it her face lights up and she gasps "woah its amazing" she says. "And it's not even dry" I reply. "You're magical" she says. "Its a gift" I reply plugging in my blow dryer.

I use my round brush and give her a blow out, take photos while its straight and like she requested I curl it for her. "Can you use that sea salt spray?" She asks. I nod "yeah sure" I reply grabbing it. I spray it lightly then take more photos for the both of us before she pays and leaves.