Chapter Twenty three: The Fantasia Of Love And Jealousy (7)

"Will you accept it, Sir Moore?"

Herace smiled sorrowfully at Chloe's words and looked at her.

"Then... will the Lady be happy?"

"..."

Chloe avoided Herace's eyes. She didn't have the confidence to look straight into those eyes. She felt guilty, yet grateful... That's all there was to it.

"Then I'll take it. I'll take it, so please be prepared."

Herace, who answered humorously until the end, bid her farewell inwardly. This was really the end. The end of his long lasting first love.

'Goodbye, Chloe.'

He didn't mean to wish her happiness. He wasn't such an open-minded man to wish happiness to a woman who didn't return his feelings.

'D*mn it. I wish you some sort of comfort with that sorrowful expression.'

Though he wasn't a narrow-minded man either.

***

In the carriage to the Grand Duke's Castle, Gerard looked at Chloe, who was quiet. His wife was staring off into the distance as if she was in deep thought.

Certainly, there was something strange about her after she came to the North. She didn't smile easily at him, and avoided his gaze. Her strange behavior constantly kept him on edge.

Moreover, the mysterious atmosphere between the Knight Commander of Anata and his wife...

When he looked at his wife affectionately, he felt as if he had become an irritant. His gut was implying that there was something that he didn't know.

Gerard clenched his fists. Intense jealousy passed through him once again.

'That's ridiculous.'

He shook off the weird images that kept running through his mind. Even though he didn't know why she came to the North, even though he felt her attitude was cold toward him, even though there was something between her and Herace, he believed in his wife.

'D*mn it.'

He was sensitive because of that d*mned dream.

The carriage carrying the Blanchett couple was extremely quiet, but their minds were very boisterous, filled with thoughts of each other.

For Chloe, her love and hatred for her husband was at its peak, while Gerard was building up his own dismay and anxiety. It was the eve of a storm.

They felt that each other's attitudes were subtly different from usual. However, neither of them spoke directly about it.

No, they couldn't. They lacked experience in talking during their long marriage.

That's why the Blanchett couple were overwhelmed with ambiguous fear. Once they showed their honest thoughts to each other, they thought their marriage would come to an end just like that.

They just thought that if they could pretend not to know, they would be able to go back to their usual life.

Thus, the two were wandering a long way because they were afraid of the answer right before them.

The carriage carrying them arrived in front of the Archduke Castle.

"My Lady, we're here."

Gerard, awakened from his thoughts, called his wife tenderly.

"Yes, honey."

Chloe also answered in her usual calm tone, escaping from her thoughts. It was a disturbing start to a tense evening.