Chapter Sixty One: People Who Live In The Past (1)

After returning to the Capital, the Blanchett Family went on with their daily lives. Their very sweet daily life.

Gerard returned to the Imperial Palace as soon as he arrived in the Capital. He became preoccupied by the things he had put off during his leave. He had been able to review the details of the hunting festival and got a report about the new Tzuwai leader.

"Father, welcome home!"

Nevertheless, he managed to return home before dinner regularly. He wanted to have dinner with his wife and son.

"My son."

Gerard lifted Abel up to hug him, and planted a kiss on the child's plump cheek. Until then, it was no different than before.

However, there was one more thing he had been doing these days.

"Give this to Mother."

"Yes!"

Abel replied bravely to his father's words. The child leaned toward Chloe, who was standing behind them.

"Seriously..."

Chloe hesitantly leaned towards Abel.

Chup!

The small lips of the child planted a lovely kiss on his mother's cheek. Chloe tried to control her expression, but she couldn't help the upward movement of the corners of her mouth.

Gerard, who was watching, whispered in Abel's ear.

"?"

Chloe pretended not to feel anything when seeing them whispering to each other, but she was actually disappointed.

"Mother."

After giving a nod to his father, Abel reached out to his mother to bring her closer.

"What?"

Chloe brought her face close to Abel again. The child whispered in his mother's ear.

"Father says he likes you a lot."

Gerard's eyes folded beautifully. Chloe's eyes widened when she heard that. She made eye contact with her husband for a brief moment.

"Oh..."

Chloe felt tickling delight all over her body. Everything that happened since she returned from the North felt like a dream. She swallowed hard as a choking feeling came up.

Wouldn't it be fine for her to enjoy this breathtaking happiness? She thought she should be thankful just to have regained her precious daily life.

"Mother."

Then Abel shook Chloe's arm as if urging her.

"Yes?"

Chloe cleared her throat before replying to her son.

"What is it, Abel?"

"Reply."

"Reply?"

Chloe asked as she wondered.

"You have to reply to Father!"

Abel scolded her for not thinking about it.

"That's right. Good job, my son."

Gerard cheered as he hugged his son.

"Please be quick."

Abel puffed out his chest triumphantly when he was cheered on by his father. And he urged his mother once again.

Chloe, who glared at her husband, whispered in her son's ear.

"Tell Father that Mother really likes him too."