Chapter Twenty Seven: The Child Knows (4)

"Phew, Abel. I'm sorry for not recognizing you were so upset, my son. From now on, if you feel upset, please tell Mother right away."

"...Yes."

Sighing, Chloe comforted Abel after she had calmed herself. The child nodded in his mother's arms. In fact, there was a lot that she hadn't said, but she would feel relieved only after she said one thing.

"Also, Abel."

Chloe pulled Abel out of her arms after he calmed down somewhat. She involuntarily spoke in a determined voice.

"Mother knows that your heart was upset and troubled. However, just because you're upset doesn't mean you can push or hit others."

"..."

"Violence isn't allowed under any circumstances. Rennesia almost got hurt. Think about it. How did she feel when you pushed her?"

There was no need to push the child too hard because he knew he was at fault. It was enough having him admit his mistakes and reflect on it.

"She must have been sad, huhu."

Abel cried because he felt guilty towards Rennesia.

"Yes. Rennesia must have been very sad, angry, and upset because Abel pushed her. So what should you do?"

"...I must apologize."

"Yes, that's right. It is courageous of you to apologize first. Will you go with Mother and apologize to her now?"

"Yes."

Abel sniffed and held his mother's hand.

***

Meanwhile, the three adults left in the drawing room were busy comforting Renee.

"Renee, were you surprised?"

Leila held Renee in her arms, not caring about the paint staining her clothes.

"Huhu, UAHH!"

Renee, who had calmed down for a while, became emotional again when the adults tried to comfort her.

"Renee, what happened? Young Master Blanchett did that all of a sudden although nothing happened?"

Frederick was gently wiping away the tears of his crying child, but his expression was firm. He was resentful toward Abel Blanchett, who pushed his precious daughter. However, as an adult, his rationality was telling him to check the situation before assigning blame.

"Huhu."

However, Renee only cried and didn't say anything. Unlike the adults, who were trying to solve the situation rationally, the child was immersed in her feelings.

Then Gerard bowed to Renee and apologized.

"I'm very sorry, young Lady. It's my fault for not educating him properly. I'll give Abel a firm warning later."

Gerard spoke with a reassuring look on his face. His other parenting principle was to not tolerate violence except in swordsmanship.

Knights were the only group where violence was publicly tolerated. Therefore, the most important thing was to not abuse one's power.

Gerard had repeatedly taught Abel many times to use his strength only for the Empire and the weak. That was probably why he was so embarrassed and disappointed. For himself and the child.

"...Heuk."

Renee stopped crying for a moment as if she was surprised that Abel was going to get scolded. She quickly buried her face in her mother's shoulder.