Chapter Seventy Four : The Past Or The Future (3)

[After receiving a call from the Blanchett Family, Count Roem and Catherine practically ran to the Blanchett's residence.

"Chloe, what is going on... Huh."

On their way back to the Roem's residence, Count Roem let out a sigh. The sudden visit of his youngest daughter was embarrassing for him.

"Father, Chloe is currently reflecting on herself. Aren't you, Chloe?"

Catherine tried to soothe their father's anger. She tapped Chloe's shoes with her foot to give a signal.

"...I'm sorry."

"Right, please forgive her just this once. You know that she's usually not like this at all, don't you?"

"Tsk. I'll forgive you because you feel guilty, but you're grounded for the time being."

"Yes..."

Catherine held her chest in relief when their father let it slip without getting too angry at her sister. Then, she spared Chloe a concerned glance.

"I don't think Chloe's recent illness has healed. She should meet with the doctor again."

"Yes, we can arrange that."

Chloe nodded at her family's concerns before turning away. She could still see Blanchett's residence from the carriage window as it became farther and farther away.

Gerard didn't even glance at her until she left. Chloe forced her gaze away after searching for him again.

That was it. It was time to let Gerard go.

"Gerard Blanchett."

He was someone whom she couldn't be happy with. Holding him by her side would only make both of them miserable.

It was enough for her to see Gerard alive and well after she returned to the past. She could give up on him now.

No, she wanted to give up. She had no strength left to love him now.

"Oh..."

Chloe burst into tears right at that moment. She was so hurt despite the reasons she gave herself. Her heart was aching as if a part of her heart had been ripped out forcefully.

"Chloe, what happened? Does it hurt a lot?"

Catherine, who was sitting from across Chloe, was surprised and moved to the seat beside her youngest sister.

"Sister, I'm in so much pain..."

"Oh, no. Father, please tell the coachman to go faster!"

Catherine pulled Chloe into her arms and stroked her head carefully. Chloe cried sorrowfully in her sister's arms.

It was the last tear that Chloe shed for Gerard. She gave up on her unrequited love for her old crush along with that last tear.

However, she couldn't let go of one thing. He couldn't give up on her son, who was different from Gerard.

"I need to meet Abel..."

Ironically, it was her determination to find Abel that served as her strength to carry on with life. If it weren't for him, she would have let go of everything.

'Yes, this is just the repetition of the past.'

The only hope she had was repeating the past to find Abel.

'...It won't be hard at all. I can do it.'

As soon as Chloe arrived at the Roem's residence and made up her mind, she sent a letter of apology to Gerard. She explained that she had such a vivid dream when suffering from fever, which led to her acting so impudently.]