Chapter Forty Eight : Our Prologue (9)

Thanks to Karina and Owen who stood by her side, Chloe was able to avoid spending time on her own. Nevertheless, she couldn't do anything about the sinking feeling within her.

After being left on her own by Gerard, Chloe realized her position. A supporting role in a beautiful love story.

The main characters would be leaving this banquet hall and writing their own story. However, she had to stay here and endure the cold feeling of an unrequited love that no one knew.

When did she start having a crush on Gerard Blanchett? What was she so excited about?

'Why did he say that my painting was appealing?'

His words were so sweet when he saw the painting that has been criticized by Catherine.

'Why does he keep smiling at me?'

From the day they drank together, her heart pounded at his face that was adorned with a smile whenever they made eye contact.

'Why did he take me to an art supply store when I didn't look happy?'

They had a lot of fun that day. Just thinking about him reminded her of that day and kept her smiling like a fool.

'Why did he place a kiss on the back of my hand?'

The back of her hand where Gerard Blanchett placed a kiss on had burned for the rest of the day.

Therefore, it was all Gerard Blanchett's fault.

She must have misunderstood because he treated her kindly for no reason. As though she was the main character.

"There he is, Gerard Blanchett."

Karina spoke in a low voice. Chloe turned her head at that remark.

She was heartbroken for no solid reason when noticing his pale face. He had seen Leila and Frederick kissing each other outside. The scene of Gerard witnessing the kiss they shared appeared in the book she had been dreaming about.

Should she have told him not to go? In all honesty, it wasn't entirely out of goodwill that she didn't prevent Gerard from leaving the banquet hall earlier. After watching such a scene, she held a wicked hope that he would give up on Leila.

"Oh..."

However, Chloe felt horrible when seeing Gerard's hurt expression. She didn't wish for him to feel this way.

She was fond of Gerard Blanchett, so she hoped a happy ending would eventually come his way, too. If his happiness could only be fulfilled by Leila, she didn't want to be greedy for him anymore.

'Let's stop hoping he will be hurt by Leila, and take advantage of his painful state as an opportunity for me to approach him. Let's not do that anymore.'

She wished for him not to be hurt more than the wish of staying by his side. She decided to support his love.

She came to quite a strange conclusion.

Chloe exaggerated the conclusion she came up with as though it was the result of her noble love. However, it was her subconscious, which was accustomed to giving up.

"Why does he look like he's about to die? Let's hear what the h*ll he's going to say."

Karina crossed her arms and glared sharply at Gerard.

"Sister, let me talk to him first."

Chloe stopped Karina. She didn't want Gerard to get a scolding when his mind was already messed up.

"No, I want to hear how that smart Marquis will explain this."

Karina said with a snort.

Chloe looked at the Crown Prince beside her for help.