Chapter Twenty8:The Despairing Side Of The Fight Between Married Couple (1)

Abel and Rennesia exchanged apologies in front of adults.

"...I'm sorry, Renee."

"Me too. I'm sorry, too..."

The children, who had grown attached to each other during their stay in the North, embraced each other and began to cry. This was because after reconciliation, their sad and guilty feelings thrived more than their spiteful ones.

"Yes! Friends fight and make up afterwards."

Leila said while caressing their heads. As the children's cries gradually decreased, Frederick sorted out the situation.

"Let's call it a day and return to our rooms."

He added while throwing a glance at Lord and Lady Blanchett, who seemed to be somewhat gloomy.

"If you want to leave tomorrow, you'd better go to bed early today."

After such a big commotion, the two families decided to part ways for the night.

***

Awkward silence lingered between the Blanchett family when they headed to the bedroom. Chloe, Gerard, and Abel were now by themselves.

It was none other than the head of the Blanchett family who broke the silence.

"Abel Blanchett, come to the next room."

He called the child in a heavy voice in front of the bedroom door. He was going to discipline the child tonight.

He felt sorry for the child who must have been anxious and had a hard time because of him and his wife. However, just because he felt sorry for the child, there was no way he wouldn't discipline him.

It was obvious that the standard of discipline would eventually crumble if he treated the child as he pleased. He thought it would be confusing for the child otherwise.

"No. Abel is tired, so he has to go to bed now. Do it tomorrow."

However, Chloe answered Gerard very coldly. Gerard was surprised because she always used to be a wife who respected him as the head of the family.

"My Lady."

"..."

"Why do we have to drag today's problem until tomorrow? The child needs to know that mistakes come with fair consequences."

"Hah."

Chloe burst into laughter at his absurd remark. How could this be Abel's fault? It was her fault; she didn't notice her son's feelings and her husband spoke recklessly!

"..."

Gerard was speechless at Chloe's perverse laugh which he heard for the first time in his life.

"...Jane, take Abel to his room."

Chloe instructed Jane, who stood beside her.

"No! I want to be with Mother and Father!"

Abel, who was watching from between his parents, grabbed his mother's skirt and begged, tears welling up in the anxious child's eyes.

Chloe was heartbroken to see Abel's tears. However, she could avoid it no more. For Abel's sake!

Chloe crouched down.

"Abel, it's because Mother and Father have something to say to each other. If you go with Jane first and read your book, we'll follow in a minute. You know that Mother and Father love Abel very much, right?"

"...Yes. Will you come quickly?"

"Yes, Abel."

Chloe wiped away Abel's tears. She wondered if the child sensed his mother's hand trembling whilst doing so. The child entered the bedroom in Jane's arms as she held back what she wanted to say.