Chapter Seventy Three: The Past Or The Future (2)

Chloe was lost in thought as she sat in the carriage headed to the Blanchett mansion.

"Why am I going back?"

She recalled having torn the book in her dream prior to her return. And the words she had seen after tearing the book apart.

[Gerard Blanchett and Chloe Roem got married... Abel Blanchett was born...]

"I tore it with my own hands..."

What was it about? Why did she tear the book which contained the story of their marriage and birth of their lovely son?

At that moment, Chloe belatedly had a hunch that the book could be touched for some sort of purpose.

"Could it be that I could hold the book on purpose? For what reason?"

Chloe bit her trembling lip. The more she tried to form a conclusion, the harder it felt to breathe.

"Huff..."

"At that moment, Chloe's carriage stopped at the main gate of Blanchett's mansion. The gatekeeper guarding the main gate stopped her.

"We didn't receive any messages from the Roem family that you're coming today."

The gatekeeper exchanged a few words with the coachman before shaking his head firmly.

"You can't go in unless you have made an appointment in advance."

After hearing the commotion outside, Chloe rubbed away her tears and opened the carriage window. She shouldn't have appeared like a mess here. She had to meet her husband now.

"What's going on?"

"Oh, young Lady Roem. May you rest in the peaceful embrace of the Empire."

The gatekeeper greeted her politely. Chloe's face should have been familiar, but he didn't recognize her.

"I have an urgent matter to talk about with my husband... I mean, Sir Blanchett, can you let me in?"

"I'm sorry, but you can't go in unless you made an appointment ahead of time."

"...At least, tell him. Chloe from the Roem family has come."

Chloe emphasized her name as she replied. It was an involuntary act laced with desire for him to remember her. The gatekeeper nodded while staring at the young Lady Roem's face, which was red.

"..Yes, I'll inform him now."

A few moments later, the carriage of the Roem family was allowed to enter the Blanchett mansion.

"Chloe felt a bit relieved when she was led to the parlor. There was hope that she might not be the only one who had these memories.

The fact that he agreed to greet her despite the unexpected visit meant that her husband remembered her. She wanted to think that way.

"Young Lady Roem, kindly wait for a moment. The young Master is finishing his sword training."

"I see."

However, she couldn't understand why he didn't come to meet her if he had memories of his past life. She was suffocated by the rising anxiety.

Knock, knock.

"I'll come in."

The words were followed by Gerard Blanchett's knock on the door. Chloe stiffened in her spot as she turned her head towards the voice.

"May you rest in the peaceful arms of the Empire. I'm Gerard Blanchett."

It was her husband, Gerard Blanchett, who appeared much younger and more fresh that the last time she saw him.