Chapter Thirty 5:The Despairing Side Of The Fight Between Married Couple (8)

"By the way, what were we talking about?"

"You were talking about the drawing."

"Oh! Right!"

"Why are you drawing dresses all of a sudden?"

"I complained to Derick... I mean Frederick, that my social dress was too uncomfortable because I have to wear several layers of petticoats. He told me to make a dress that I want."

Gerard's face darkened as Leila continued with her story. Another story about Frederick.

"I thought he was making fun of me at first. However, he sent the Madame from Bella's Boutique to my house the next day."

"What?"

"Madame told me to draw the dress that I want. I was just doing it. Which one do you think is the prettiest-"

"Leila Stein! What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"What?"

"Do you really not know what he meant by sending Bella's Boutique to your house?"

Bella's Boutique worked for the Hernia Imperial Family. Archduke Anata was one of the main customers of Bella's Boutique since the founder of the Anata family was an Empress.

However, the Archduke sent that boutique to the young Lady of a Viscount family? It was quite a deliberate act. This was obviously a gesture in which Frederick offered his heart to Leila.

"No, Gerard. Don't misunderstand. I just want to make a dress."

"I told you you'd better keep your distance from Archduke Anata. I told you that the rumors about him were bad, and he seems dangerous."

"Gerard, those are just mere rumors. Rumors say that I'm a knight with my father's support, and that I'm a vulgar woman who managed to seduce the young Marquis."

"...What, where did you hear those rumors?"

He had made sure it was all taken care of so that it wouldn't reach Leila's ears.

"Don't listen to those rumors."

"I know. Just as my rumors are not true, Archduke Anata's rumors may not be true as well."

"No, but Leila..."

Leila cut off Gerard's attempt to refute her.

"I know what you're worried about, Gerard."

"..."

"However, nothing changes. You will always be the closest and most comfortable person to me."

Leila said, making eye contact with Gerard. He looked into Leila's brown eyes, which were filled with sincerity, and nodded.

"...Yes."

Leila was right. Leila and him were the closest to each other. There were years of memories between him and Leila that would never be shaken by Frederick or others.

Gerard didn't know that he had been demoted from 'the only one' to 'close friend'. No, he pretended not to know.

***

Moreover, Leila's words were wrong. Frederick gradually took his position beside Leila. And naturally, Gerard gradually moved away.

It was the day Gerard visited Viscount Stein's residence to meet with Leila, as he promised.

"Oh! Gerard, what should I do? I have an appointment with Derick, so I have to go out now."

He bumped into Leila, who was getting prepared to leave the mansion. Once again, Frederick had become Derick.