the game

I woke up in Jacks guest room with Nicole beside me. She was still passed out of course.

I went out to the kitchen to make breakfast for myself because Luke and Jack were off to their practice. 

I turned on some Greys Anatomy.  Seeing Meredith and Derek's loge story made me so jealous and bitter. Although seeing them save people made me forget about it.

I heard some noise from the guest bedroom so I knew that Nicole was up. She walked out. "You should've woke me up if you were watching Greys Anatomy." She said in a pouty tone. "That's rare coming from you!" I laughed.

We watched three more episodes and then decided to get up and explore the city ourselves.

We got ready. I put a pair of flare jeans with a sage green oversized crewneck with my favourite gold chain necklace that my nonna gave me years ago.

————————————————————————
Nicole ordered the Uber and ten minutes later it came.

After we got dropped off at the city, I get a call from Jack. "Where are you guys?"

"Oh, Nicole and I decided to see the shops in Jersey. Who knows they might be better than Calgary."

"We just got home from the practice, want us to make lunch for y'all?"

"No I think we'll stay out Jacky." Yelled Nicole.
"Alright Just lemme know when you're done so I can pick you up." He implied.  His voice is so sexy oh my god I thought to myself.

We said our goodbyes and hung up. We were walking along a group of stores by a huge road when I saw a Unity store! "NIC WE HAVE TO STOP IN THERE." "Oh my god El chill out. We'll go in."

We walked into my favourite jewelry store again and saw all the beautiful pieces. I decided to get a gold pendant necklace. It wasn't too expensive, but still a little pricey.

I went through the checkout and then as we were walking out I saw that ring. That ring. The raindrop diamond with red rubies around it. "Nic there it is again. Isn't it so beautiful!?"

"It's nice but it's probably really really expensive."

I sighed and started to walk out of the store. We went wild after making purchase after purchase because there were so many sales.

I eventually called Jack and he came to pick us up.

When we got home, Jack and Luke had to leave  for their game.

"Exited to see Austin?" I asked Nicole.

"Yeah I am, we've been FaceTiming a lot recently and I'm starting to really like him. We're going out for dinner after the game."

"That sounds so fun. I hope you have fun  Nic. This guy seems so good for you, I haven't seen you so happy for a long time since Damien."

————————————————————————
We were finally at the arena and got our seats at the rink side corner front row. Obviously Jack had to go all out and got us seats right where they were warming up. He would not stop looking at me throughout the whole thing.

The first period started and the Leafs took a lead after Mitch passed it to Auston who did one of his crazy wild wrist shots. I could sense that Jack was very pissed off and I knew that they would soon come back. And that's exactly what happend about 5 minutes later.

Second period was very boring. No goals were scored and it was just back and forth.

Finally in the third period, New Jersey scores. Nice top corner shot scored by none other than Luke Hughes.

The leafs did come back to win the game unfortunately. Reilly got an insanely lucky shot from the point that Mitch tipped in.

Jack looked like he was fucking fuming when he was getting off the ice. I knew I had to calm him down. He texted me to meet him by these specific doors. Nicole disappeared so I assumed she went off with Auston.

I went to the spot that Jack told me to meet him.  He had a sad face when he got out. "Oh Jacky you guys played so well. Especially you." I cupped his face. Still I'm a friendly way of course. "Let's just go home and watch some TV."

"Alright, you drive home though."

————————————————————————
Jack showered when we got home and I was in my PJ's on the couch watching Greys Anatomy again. He came out with  red plaid pyjama bottoms and he was shirtless. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter by the second so I looked down and patted the couch beside me for him to sit.

We watched so many movies. We stayed up so late. I even notice by the time we drifted asleep that he had his head on my chest.

When I woke up from Luke coming in the door extremely drunk, I just had to be quiet. I know I should've helped him but I didn't want to disturb Jack because he looked so peaceful sleeping.

Luke just stumbled into his room. I'd deal with him in the morning. I'm just too tired to right now.

I rubbed my hand on his forehead. He looked so cute when he slept. He had his mouth slightly open and I just was in complete awe.

I CANT love him. I'm not looking for a relationship right now. Maybe not right now but eventually. I just need to know him more.

In the morning I woke up with Jack in the same position and I had my arms wrapped around him.

When I tried moving, he woke up and said "what are you doing?" In a groggy tone.

"It's the morning Jacky. I only have a few days left here so I want to do things. You should come with me. We can find something on the way."

"Alright, maybe later. Right now I'm too tired. " he replied. He dozed right back to sleep. I remembered to check on Luke. He was laying on his bed in the most akward position.

I chucked softly and took a picture. This was a Keeper.

———————————————————————-
A/n: I'm so sorry this had to be so boring 🥲 I know what I want to happen with this story and I'm so exited fir the juicy stuff, I just can't do it yet. I want to progress it a little bit more than drop a bomb. 😍😍