bored at home

Ever since Jack and I decided to get back together, it feels like everything is in the past.

I don't feel a huge weight on my shoulders anymore.

Jack was at practice right now and I was making some salad in the kitchen.

Our new Golden Retriever puppy, Mari runs from our room down the hall excitedly. Once she reaches the kitchen I see she has one of her flamingo toys in her jaw like always.

"Mari, go lie down on your bed." I say to her. She doesn't listen but continues to chew away.

She eventually walks away going somewhere where I can't see her and quiets down. I'm assuming she's going to sleep.

The sky is nearing being completely dark.

A BEEP startles me and I turn around and remember that I was reheating some barbecued chicken from last night to put in the salad.

As I open the microwave door my phone stars vibrating in my pocket. The contact picture that pops up is none other then Jack himself.

"Hey El, im going to be back in five minutes. Want me to pick something up on the way?" He asks.

"I'm trying to be healthy- ish today so I made a Ceaser salad for us. It even has chicken!!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"Sounds.. great.. I'll be home soon."

"Bye Jack see you soon."
————————————————————————

I was bored waiting for Jack to get home so I get out my AirPods and rock out to some descendants music.

I should force Jack to watch descendants tonight. I only have to be in work by noon tomorrow so-

My thoughts were interrupted as Jack flings the front door open. Mari starts barking and goes and sees him in the foyer.

"I'm home!" He yells not knowing I'm in the kitchen.

I take my AirPods out and speak in a normal voice that I'm in the kitchen. He walks over and flashes one of his classic Jack smiles.

"Hi," I say in a giddy tone. Jacks walks behind me and wraps his hands around my waist.

"Hey." He replies. Jack then takes one deep breath in.

Jokingly I ask " are you sniffing me?" I giggle. He laughs and just says "what if I was? It feels like I haven't seen you all day."

"Well you have been out since noon so it has been a while Jacky." I reply.

We eventually sit down and settle on our couch to watch some TV.

"What should we watch?" He asks.

I put an evil smile on my face knowing that I had hatched a plan to make him watch descendants with me.

"Oh god, El. I know that face.." he says looking kind of scared.

"Descendants!" I say in a squeaky voice.

"What the hell is that?" He asks confused.

I reach and grab the remote from his hand and turn on the movie.

"You'll see!"

————————————————————————

"I have to go to the bathroom babe I'll be right back." I told Jack as I got up.

I just walked down the hallway into the main bathroom. As I was walking into the bathroom, I could hear Jacks phone go off.

"Hey Trev, it's been a while." He says.

He wants Trevor to come and stay at our place for a few weeks in the off season. Although I say we should go down to his parents lake house. Ellen loves me so why not?

After I use the toilet and wash my hands, I can't help but eavesdrop.

I know, what kind of girlfriend doesn't give privacy.

I give Jack more time to be on the phone with Trevor. I leave the door open and I hear him talking about hockey.

When I was all dressed and ready to get comfortable with Jack again, I hear him say "yes I have everything, I just need a good place." He's trying to be quiet but he failed this time.

What was he talking about? Was he planning to go away without me?

I walk back out into the tall living room and he makes eye contact with me. His eyes light up and tells Trevor that he has to go.

I lower my eyebrows in suspicion.

"Are you guys planning something?" I ask.

I get back onto the couch and he grabs my arm and pulls be back onto his stomach. He lightly kisses my head and whispers to me.

"He's just coming up here soon. That's all."

"Oh that sounds fun."

He nods his head and presses play on the remote.

"WHY IS SHE TAKING THE LOVE SPELL OFF?" Jack yells as Mal is in the school kitchen making more cookies.

"Just be Patient Jack.." I grin and shove my face into his hoodie. He smells so good. Just like home. I can't really be specific but I just feel comfortable and safe.

I don't even get to finish the end of the movie because before I realize it, I'm too tired to stay awake and I fall asleep.

When I wake the next morning, I'm still in Jack's  arms and my neck hurts like hell.

I look up and see that Jack is awake.

"It's like i was sleeping on a rock. You aren't that comfortable to sleep on." I laugh and squeeze his arm.

"I guess my muscles are just too big.." he smiles and traces circles on my back.

"I don't know what to do today, I don't have to go to work until noon and it's only nine.

"How long are you working until?" He asks me.

"I think five. I have to finish a project approval so when I get that done I'll come home."

"Well wanna go to the beach after?" He suggests.

"That sounds good. Maybe you can cook for me."

"Maybe. I'll see what I can do.. I'll drive you into work so I can stop at a cafe and say hi to a friend there." He suggests again.

"Sounds like a Plan. We should get up Jack."

" Meh, I don't feel like it.." he says.

"Well I guess we're just gunna lay here then." I answer.

"Sounds like a plan to me."

————————————————————————

A/N

I'm so sorry that I had to take that long of a break lol. Anyways we are back and I'm thinking either one or two more chapters till the end. I'll just see how everything rolls out.

Anyways I know this chapter is kinda boring, I wanted to show their home life after they got back together!!

Love you all!!

aren't they so cute!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could meet both of them tbh

aren't they so cute!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could meet both of them tbh. Just a dream!