edmonton

I was awoken by Benjamin playing NHL 2022 on his Xbox. He gets anger issues from this I swear. "GOD DAMNIT!!" Is yelled plus I hear a smashing sound. I get myself into my wheelchair and rolled slowly into his room.

"What the fuck? Dude I was sleeping. Why are you playing this at eight in the morning?" I ask him with a glum tone. I was tired and I could sleep for at least three more hours if it weren't for his rage.

"Sorry El, the team I was playing against just scored." He explained.

"Well be quieter please!" I begged.

I wheeled back into my room and got onto my bed. I felt restrained because I knew that my legs could hold me up again. I don't know why a wheelchair is necessary. I might call the doctor and see if I can book an appointment so I can get crutches at least.

I was so bored. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. I guess I'll pull out a book.

I reached over to my nightstand and pulled out one of my favourite books.

To all the boys I've loved before..

This story was so nostalgic to me. I Absolutley love this author and this story in general just makes me cry.

I had a bookmark and I guess that's where I finished off the last time I read. I read a Little Bit and I was at the part where Lara Jean and Peter are having a steamy make out session in the hot tub at the ski resort. My mind went to Jack. Oh how I missed him. Do I want this relationship? I feel like I do.

I gotta think about myself though for just one second. Was I mentally stable with him? Yes, you were.

Did I feel a genuine connection? Yes you did Ella. You both love each other.

Did he mean to hurt me with words that night? No. He was just tired. He had a long day.

I got to stop thinking about him for now. Reading the book made ne more and more tired. I drifted off to sleep minutes later.

————————————————————————
Nicole woke me up about an hour later. She said that she would bring me to some shops to cheer me up. Although my favourite jewelry store wasn't in the province, we still had bath and body works at our local mall.

Nicole knew it would cheer me up.

My mom helped me get dressed and I was helped downstairs to get some breakfast.

My wheelchair was making me so mad. I was trying to wheel myself down the hall to the kitchen, but it wouldn't budge.

"I'm so fucking done with you!" I yelled at it and smacked it hard.

My dad came fast into the big spacious hall and in a panic asked me what was wrong.

"I hate this fucking wheelchair dad. I can't be in it anymore." I started to cry out of frustration.

"El, it's only two weeks ok? If you really feel like you'd do better without it call your doctor back in Jersey. But please try and stay calm and cool." He gave ne a Look of concern and genuine love.

"Thanks daddy." I smiled at him with tears and brought him in for a hug.

Nicole and I were on our way to the mall. It was about a twenty five minute drive.

"So are you exited for this?!" She asked excitedly.

"Not really Nic, I'm in a wheelchair people will think I'm crippled for life."

"Well El, im trying to cheer you up today so please try your best to have fun."

"I guess I'll do it for you pookie." I smiled at her. We both started laughing at my comment.