a series of events

I walked down the stairs. The railings had white and gold ribbon around them. Very festive indeed.

Dinner was ready and I was nervous to walk down the stairs because I knew they were waiting for me to come down to start, and everyone's eyes would be on me.

"Ah Ella, glad you could finally join us." Luke said over exaggerating.

"Shut up Luke she literally just got here." Said Quinn. "Alright boys stop fighting. Let's just eat." Ellen argued.

We said a blessing for the food and dug in. I had to sit across from Jack of course so every time I looked up from my plate I made eye contact with him. (Which made my cheeks burn up)

"So Ella, tell me about your job." Jim asked with his mouth half full with Turkey.

"Uhm, I work in New Jersey as a project manager for a magazine. I thought they'd place me in Canada because that's where I'm from and there are offices there but here I am!"

"That sounds amazing!" Exclaimed Ellen.

Throughout the whole time I was talking, Jack was giving me wierd eyes and Sienna was giving me a death stare. She always likes the attention on her.

"So everyone, Jack bought me this beautiful necklace for Christmas!" Sienna said.

She glared at me the whole time like she was trying to flex on me again.

Everyone complimented her and I couldn't help but roll my eyes and Jack saw me. He kicked my legs under the table to get my attention. I guess he wanted me to know that he saw what I did. I don't even care though, he knows that I think of her.

After dinner was over, I thanked Ellen for preparing everything and went back upstairs to finish unpacking.

As I was waking in the hall that has some bedrooms in it, I pass one with the door open. I look in and it's a dark blue colour. There are hockey jerseys all over the walls. Some with the Hughes last name on it. I don't recognize the number. #19. It was a team U.S.A. Jersey. This room was so childish but it made my heart warm that one of the brothers never changed it.

Someone then walked in the room. I was expecting it to be Jack or Luke, but it was Sienna.

"What are you doing in Jack's room?" She asked with so much sass in her voice it made me want to slap the shit out of her.

"The door was open so I thought that I'd see what's in this room." I replied.

"Well I need to change so would you mind?" Again in a sassy ass tone. I walk out of the room when she speaks up again. "Oh and just to let you know, Jack is not yours to flirt with and give looks to, he chose me and he will never love you. So just back the fuck off."

Her words took me back. How can someone just be born a bitch.

I tried my hardest not to go over there and start a brawl. I kept it all in but instead said "gotcha g, you best watch out if you want to keep your man though." I replied. I laughed and just walked back to my room. I knew that Jack would eventually hear about this.

I finished packing. I wanted to go back downstairs but felt the need to be alone. I didn't want to see Jack, because my feelings towards him would somehow come out of my mouth. Instead, I watched a movie.

I eventually did go back downstairs to get a glass of water before I got ready for bed.
"Heading up to bed so soon?" called Jack.

"Yeah, I want to get rid of the jet lag as soon as possible so I'm going to bed."

"Ah," I just smiled at everyone else and headed into the kitchen to fetch a glass of water. When I went to the stairs, Jack followed me and held my arm. He turned me around and again our faces were inches apart.