the day

I drove back to Jaimes apartment proud. No, Jack didn't answer the door. I just felt proud that I dug deep in my well of courageousness and went to his house in the first place.

I was a Little disappointed that he wasn't there until I looked at the Devils' schedule and they had an away game tonight in L.A.

Tomorrow was the ball though, and I was determined to either 1) meet someone or 2) talk to Jack and explain everything.

I'm sure he's still mad at me. I mean who wouldn't be. He thought I was cheating and in a way I feel I was by going out and almost letting him kiss me. I didn't want Connor to but I was zoned out and I was not aware he was leaning in.

I just feel horrible for him but at the same time I don't because he wouldn't actually let me explain things. He just kicked me out.

Alright Ella, enough bantering. Go home and distract yourself from him.

Tomorrow was the ball. I was actually exited. I had a beautiful midnight blue dress with gold accents and a gold mask to match with it.

(Cat made me)

After I got back to the apartment it was still pretty early so I just went to my room. Little did I know I was already tired enough to go to bed so the second my head hit the pillow I was knocked out.

(Jamie had also texted me asking where her car was but I was asleep so I never saw the text. She had to get an Uber home)

————————————————————————
I Wake up in the morning feeling like shit. I don't think it's me being sick it's just waking up in general.

My mind then reminds me, it's the day of the ball. I have my dress laid out on the floor on the other side of the bed.

I had booked a nail appointment. Just a treat myself you know? I was going to get them done a while back, but I figured this is a special event, so why not?

I was going to do my hair tonight.

I have no intentions of talking to jack or dancing with him. I know I went to his house and everything but now that he didn't answer the door, I was a little angry, so I am no longer going to try anything to talk to him.

I texted Nicole because before I go to the bar I'm going to ask her if I should try and talk to jack.

You know Jacks going to the ball right?

Yes Ella, you've told me this 1000 times now😐

Should I try and explain things to him?

He didn't answer the door right? That means he doesn't wanna talk to you anymore.

Nic, he had a game that night

Still, Ella you should give him his space. Let him be the one that comes up and talk to you.

Ugh, you're making it harder and harder for me to be exited about this thing.

Try and meet someone new tonight Ella, Cat told you it was gonna be a great night for that because she probably knows that you'll be hitting on some of the other guys there.

Well, if I don't end up back at Jamie's apartment with a guy, don't be surprised. If I see jack, my mood will literally just sink.

FaceTime me so I can see your dress 🥵🥵

Ok

———————————————————————-

Nicole agreed with me that the dress was beautiful and it would look great on me. I was kind of excited for this.

I mean I want to meet new people, but if I see jack, I'll fall in love all over again, so it'll make it impossible for me to do that.

I got off of my bed, and started to get dressed, because my nail appointment was soon.

I put on a pair of skinny jeans, (I know how 2017 of me) and a university of Edmonton sweater.

————————————————————————
(Time skip again I'm so so sorry)

It was now time for me to do my hair for tonight. I took my Bose speaker and put it on my desk so I could start doing my hair. I had some experience of doing my hair since my mom wasn't really a pro hairdresser. I learned how to curl and braid my hair all by myself.

Once I was done, I did my make up how I normally did for a night out, and put my dress on. I grab the mask off the door handle of my room, and walked outside.

Cat had surprise me this morning and told me that she was spoiling me today. There was a limo coming to pick me up!

I got a text from a number saying that they were outside of my house. It was the limo company. Don't think it was someone creepy.

As we drove to the nice hotel, my mind started to go crazy, thinking how I was going to see the guy I truly loved for the first time in a while, and how he was going to hate seeing me.

Luckily I had my cross bag with me and I had my AirPods in it, so I stuck them in and blasting music to take my mind off of anything.

I got to the hotel, thanked the driver and made my way in. I had my mask in hand. I didn't have it on my face so I wouldn't look stupid walking in. One of the staff asked me if I was here for the ball, and I said yes, and she lead me to a secluded room with big double doors. Jeez, this place is fancy. I thought to myself..

As other staff open the door slowly, I can't help but feel like a princess.

To get into the ballroom, you have to go down these fancy ass stairs.

I took a deep breath and took a few steps into admire the ballroom.

Everybody looks at me as I walk down the stairs.

I'm scanning faces to see who's here, and I see most of the New Jersey team. And right in the corner is jack, but he wasn't alone.

————————————————————————
A/n

SOO I MADE A SPLIT SECOND DECISION TO MAKE THE BALL SPAN MULTIPLE CHAPTERS.

Sorry for you guys that wanted it in one, I thought it would be nicer🥺🥺

Anyways I love you all!

Comment what you think

daily Quinn pic! He looks depressed but at the same time hot

daily Quinn pic! He looks depressed but at the same time hot.. 😭