day out

I wake up to the noise of thunder coming from outside of our bedroom.

Still half asleep, I take a look to my right and see Jack sleeping peacefully. I wish I didn't have to be the one awakened.

I turn to the left and inspect my alarm clock.

It was three in the morning.

I could hear and see the rain hitting our big window.

Normally I could sleep during rainstorms. I'd feel the most safe from them in my bedroom. Now adding  that the love of my life is beside me. I don't even know why I woke up. Oh wellS

I whispered "I love you"  Jack's ear before I closed my eyes again and went back to sleep.

————————————————————————
"Rise and shine Ella!" Said jack as he shook me awake.

"Uhm- what time is it jack? I DIDNT get much sleep las-"  I got cut off as Jack went on.

"I have a full day planned. Can you call in for work?" He looked at me with puppy eyes.

"I can ask Jamie but I can't guarantee anything babe." I answered.

"Pleaseeee!! I'll call her myself."

"I'll call her right now Jack, just let me wake up more." I rub my eyes and sit up on the headboard.

The sky is blue and I feel like today will be a good day. Jack walks out of the room to let me be alone.

I smile trying to be positive about the upcoming events and take my phone off my nightstand.

I call Jamie and my phone does the dial tone. Three rings later and I'm on the phone with Jamie.

"Hey El, im so exited to see you today."

"Uhm so something has came up Jamie."

"Oh yeah? What is it? You have a Aribert approval to finish.." she says.

"Well im not feeling to well.." I fake cough to add authenticity.

"Bullshit El, what's actually happening?"

"Jack wants me to spend the day with him, he gave me the cutest puppy eyes so I couldn't say no.. please can I have the day off?" Jack then pops his head in the door giving me puppy eyes again and I add "for Jacks sake."

"Fine Ella, but you'll have twice as much work."

"Yayyy!!" Jack yells as he runs back into the kitchen. Mari barks in excitement as jack runs in the living room.

"Well, at least this is making Jack happy." Jamie says.

"Im kind of scared of what he's gunna make me do today." I say jokingly.

"You'll figure it out eventually." She says.
————————————————————————

We finish breakfast and Jack tells me to dress in something comfortable but breathable.

What the fuck is he dragging me into.

I decided on one of my LuLuLemon align tanks, a hoodie and some cute jeans. They were comfortable enough.

Jack had told me earlier that he was going to drop Mari off at our neighbours to spend the day. Her and their dog Sylvie have been getting along lately.

It's just us today. We don't need to worry about the dog.

I walk out of our room and yell out his name. No response. I look out the front door and see our car parked outside.