Lighthouse Empire Arc, Episode I

Act 2

"Just follow me! The port is straight ahead!" Bara yells down from the side of his ship.

Nami waves to him. "Got it!" The crew smiles in anticipation of their arrival.

A the massive ship leads the Thousand Sunny through the port, the Straw Hat's are in complete awe of the grandeur of the city. Each section as high as a small mountain, with Victorian-style bay windows, spires, peaks, and elaborate ornamentation around each of the walls. Above, on the top of the deck, they can hear a bustling town with lively activity. As Bara slows his ship down, coming closer to the side of the city, the crew notices that his entire ship is about to wedge into the city itself.

Nami dashes to the side of the deck. "Wait a minute--where is he going?"

"He's going to crash right into it!" Chopper yelps.

Usopp begins to panic again. "I knew I had a bad feeling about this place!"

Franky steps forward to calm him. "No, look! He's not crashing, he's docking!" 

The rest of the crew comes to the railing to observe Bara's ship. As the ship is slowly guided in, they can see that the bow of his boat fits perfectly with the side of the city. 

Nami grins cheerfully. "I see now! The front of his ship fits into the wall of the city."

Sanji comes beside her and gestures upward. "Take a closer look. The ship itself is the city."

When the Thousand Sunny drifts to the front of Bara's ship, they gaze backward and realize that the massive vessel is actually one of the lighthouse arms of the city. 

Usopp is amazed. "Oh, I get it! I was wondering why one entire arm of the city was missing."

Franky agrees. "Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought something was off, but these guys clearly have a master builder."

Robin shares a rare gleeful grin. "I've never seen anything like it before. Quite an astonishing design!"

Nami nods in agreement. "I'll say. And I would wager this is the only one. A truly unique city!"

Luffy is starry eyed. "This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!"

"You can dock your ship straight ahead! There's a small port in the corner!" Bara calls to them.

"Will do!" Nami returns.

After the crew docks the ship in the small corner port, Bara meets them all as they walk up the wooden decks. "All set?" He asks, displaying another big smile.

"Yes, thank you!" Nami mirrors his happiness.

Luffy jumps forward. "This place is so awesome!" 

Bara crosses his arms and chuckles. "Glad you think so! Ready to head in?"

"Sure..." Nami says hesitantly, scratching her chin.

"Hm? Is there a problem?" Bara wonders.

"Well, to be honest, this is a bit strange for us." She admits.

Bara chuckles again. "Not used to welcomes, I take it."

"She means you're being too nice." Zoro chimes in defensively. 

"Shut up, Zoro! Be civil for one second!" Nami scolds.

"What--it's true!" He fires back. 

Bara smiles. "No worries! I can understand that."