Lighthouse Empire Arc, Episode 2

Act 2

"Wow--that cat sure is strong!" Luffy proclaims, returning with the rest of the through the blue stone passageway.

Aiku agrees. "He is! He used to kick me off the bed even as a kitten." Luffy laughs.

"I would hate to see that thing's litter box!" Chopper squeaks, covering his mouth. 

Sanji turns to him angrily. "Why do you have to think of crap like that?!"

Usopp comes beside her. "Does he ever get to come outside?"

Aiku nods. "Of course, everyone in the empire loves Muskers!"

"You mean he just roams around freely?" Nami wonders.

"Sure!"

"But what about all the people and buildings?"

"Oh, he definitely squashes a lot of people every year, but that's okay." 

"Whaaa--seriously?!" 

Aiku chuckles. "Just kidding!"

"Why don't I believe her..." Nami murmurs from the side of her mouth with a large bead of sweat. 

"Just like any cat, he has careful feet and good balance. Don't worry."

The group makes their way above deck once again and start to head in the direction of the lighthouse at the end of the village. 

Nami takes in a breath of fresh air, the snowflakes still wafting around, and turns to Aiku. "So, where to now?"

Aiku skips ahead of the crew. "I know! Let's go check out Lunya's ship. That way you can all see how our city works."

Franky smiles with a thumb up. "Sounds good to me!"

Several moments later the group arrives at the base of Lunya's lighthouse. From a distance it appeared as a solid white object, but standing underneath they can now see the white is actually a permanent layer of frost, glinting and sparkling in the sunlight.

The crew's eyes collectively gleam. "So pretty!" Chopper squeals. 

Robin admires the sight. "What a marvelous design!" 

Aiku grins and waves them along. "And wait until you see the inside!"

Like the main lighthouse, the inside of Lunya's lighthouse is also hollow with thin waterfalls flowing down the side. In the center is another large, circular platform which the crew rides up to the glass atrium. 

"Each lighthouse ship crew is about 7 thousand strong." Aiku states.

Usopp grins smugly and crosses his arms. "7 thousand, you say? Well, not quite as big as the 8 thousand men I command, but you'll get there."

Aiku jumps beside him joyfully. "Wow! 8 thousand men--are you serious?!"

"Of course he's not serious!" The crew shout in unison. 

When they reach the glass atrium, they are greeted by some of Lunya's crew. A hardy bunch of older, experienced sailors, with weathered clothes and large weapons across their back. They turn to see Aiku and the crew gathering in front of them. "Oh, hey Aiku! How's it going?" One of the crewmen greets. 

Aiku gives a playful salute. "Hey, guys! I'm just here to show the Straw Hats around one of our ships."

Before she can finish her last word, the sailors quickly crowd Luffy with big, tearful eyes. "Straw Hat Luffy!" One exclaims. "You're my hero, man!" Shouts another. "Can I please have your autograph?!" A large, burly man roars. He removes his hat and points to his bald head. "Here--just sign my head!" Luffy chuckles.