Lighthouse Empire Arc, Episode 2

The Lighthouse Adventure is Underway! Devil Fruits, Snow and Black Cats!

As the bright glow of the afternoon sun shines over Lighthouse Empire, Aiku leads the crew back down to the base of the giant lighthouse, eventually taking them through the lush garden areas surrounding the bottom layer. Coiling around the outer boarders of the lighthouse, were all of the main headquarters of commerce and entertainment for the city.

"I'm sure Bara already told you some things about our city..." Aiku continues, mid conversation. "But at this point we're just about 80 thousand people strong! The largest floating city in the entire world. As far as we know."

"I wouldn't bet against it!" Nami concurs.

Robin comes beside her. "But still, it's such a large number. Even more than some islands. Where did all these people come from?"

Aiku smiles. "Well, most of them come from the island me and Sky grew up on. It was a prosperous town at one point, but when we started construction on this place, we collectively decided to move here, taking our lives out on the sea!" 

"How interesting!" 

"And the rest, well, they're mostly travelers or wanderers. Former pirates, explorers, or just people who wanted to come and live in a cool city. We accept everyone as long as you want to contribute!"  

Franky steps forward. "But I have to ask--something's been bugging me ever since we arrived. How in the world could you even build a place like this? I'm a shipwright myself, and let me tell you, I could never imagine a place like this."

Nami turns to him. "But didn't you tell me Iceberg had plans to turn Water 7 into a floating city?"

"Yeah sure, but that's nothing like this. He was talking about making an already existing island float. This is a brand new type of construction in almost every possible way."  

Aiku giggles. "That's what all the newcomers say. And they're all equally shocked when I tell them how we did it." Aiku stops and turns toward the captivated group. "It was me!" She declares, hands on her hips. 

Franky's mouth drops open. "What?! No way. It took me years to build my sea train, and I had a whole crew!"

"How in the world could you pull something like that off?" Usopp wonders.

Aiku grins. "Well I had a full crew too, and lots of time to do it, but..." She raises an arm in the air, placing her palm up. The crew is amazed as they watch a small lighthouse spring from her hand like a blooming flower. "I had a little help."

The crew all exclaim sharply in their own unique ways.

Luffy jumps in front of her and studies the figure. "Whoa--cool! Did you just make that lighthouse?!"

"Yep! I ate the alch-alch fruit! That's the alchemy fruit. I can create things out of raw material." Aiku holds her little lighthouse closer to the crew, who are gathered around her hand. 

Sanji's eyebrows wiggle with fascination. "That has got to be one of the weirdest powers I've ever seen. I mean that in a good way, of course!"

Aiku laughs. "Thanks, I've really come to like it too!"

Robin steps forward. "But Aiku, you didn't have any raw material to create with just now, did you? How did you make it?"

"Sure I did! My tattoo ink!" Aiku runs her fingers along the palms of her hands, which are laced with intricate geometric patterns. "A while ago I figured out that if I have something permanent already etched into my skin, I create with that."