Lighthouse Empire Arc, Episode 3

A Desperate Battle Begins! Black Sails on the Horizon!

As the warning bell continues to ring out, the townspeople in each arm of the city begin to panic, fleeing into their houses and quickly closing up their shops and businesses. Protective walls rise along the boarders of the villages, acting as strong shields used to stop any cannon fire. Although the situation is dire, the people are sure not to let themselves erupt into chaos, with many parents and security forces reminding everyone to stay calm and safe.

Lunya dashes through the crowds of scurrying people, determined to get to her destination. She holds a folded letter in one hand, careful not to let it fall as she runs at full speed. With a great leap, she bounds over one of the side walls, falls through the air, and lands on one of the corner docking areas below. 

A worried sailor approaches her. "Captain Lunya! You can't stay, the Navy is here! We're closing the city up!"

Lunya keeps her sullen eyes on the horizon. "Give me a ship." She says with a chill in her voice. 

A few docks away, the Straw Hats still stand in shock after Sky reveals he and his sister's 1 billion berry bounty. They are frozen for the moment, uncertain of how to react to this troubling news.

"1...billion?!" Nami repeats with a ghastly expression.  

Sanji's cigarette falls. "For two people?"

Chopper holds his shaking head. "How is that even possible?"

Sky sighs. "I was hoping we'd never have to share this information with you. But I guess it's too late now. I've got 400 million on my head."

Aiku shyly raises her hand. "600 million..."

Usopp's eyes pop. "Whaaa--you have more than him?!"

Luffy giggles. "Hey, cool! We have the same bounty!"

Usopp spins to Luffy angrily. "That's hardly the point here!"

Robin steps forward. "600 million? But how could it possibly be so high? You're so young."

"It's her devil fruit power." Zoro interjects. The crew turn to him, curious. "I told you that was some serious power. Can you even imagine what the government would do with that kind of ability? Think about it. If she created this entire city out of scrap, just imagine what a fully matured user could create. Or destroy."

Nami ponders the notion. "Yeah, now I see..."

Robin agrees. "That's something the government would never want to let go."

Franky rubs his chin, imagining the situation. "They'd probably keep you in a cage like a lab right all your life."

"That's a scary thought." Brook adds. 

Aiku nods sadly. "Exactly. Now you see why it's so high."

Sky folds his arms. "They're in constant pursuit."

Usopp turns to Sky. "But hold on--if the government is chasing after you so often, how do they never catch you? This place is the size of an island."

"Well, our abilities can keep smaller forces at bay. And the Navy can't always afford to expend so many resources, so we usually don't have an issue."

Aiku comes beside him. "That and the city is always in motion, moving from one end of the Grand Line to the other. And log poses don't work on us, so they can't track us easily." 

"I guess you could say we rely on luck a lot." Sky admits.

Luffy smiles. "Hey, no problem there. That's how we do it."