3

August 10th

"Thank you, Miss Monroe. I really appreciate your work." A client/ coworker of mine told me, I smiled and nodded while glancing around at the office space I had helped him decorate.

He started off with the color, choosing a dark grey and periwinkle which I suggested since he said he wanted a little color, but nothing too bright or dark.

Afterwards, we got the carpet out of the room and added dark ceramic tile to match the walls which were put in perfectly with the help of a guy I knew. He wanted little light in the room, so blackout curtains were the vibe but he didn't want them touching the floor so we had to cut and sew them up to make them look well and presentable.

He wanted it to be business like, but he also wanted to feel at home so I suggested getting a sofa like loveseat that we found online for a good price, he got one in black and placed it against the wall. He got a small nightstand like coffee table to sit beside the loveseat.

He even went as far as to ordering a new desk, which really wasn't needed since it was fine. I just think he wanted more time to talk with me, which brings me back to my current state.

"No problem, now that you're satisfied with the results—."

"—not quite, but I won't hold you up today. I'll email you later about the light and a few other things." He stated, I mentally sighed before nodding. "Alright, I'll be in touch them."

"Ok, let me walk you out." I didn't even have time to decline the offer because he was right behind me, walking me out. "Miss Monroe...?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Walter?"

"Are you by any chance married?"

"Why?"

"I just had to ask, such an elegant woman like you definitely would be what these young guys call wifey material." He told me, I smiled politely while nodding.

"Well thank you—."

"—but I don't see a ring, so would your man be as foolish as he is to let you slip out of his fingers this easily?"

"What makes you sure that it's a man, and that it's marriage that I want?"

I hope I'm not giving myself away.

He licked his lips while just looking at me, I'm guessing he was searching for an answer. "Mhm, now if you excuse me. I have to get home to my family, as said before, I'll be in touch."

"Alright, get home safe, Miss Monroe. I'll see you tomorrow." He told me, I hummed while getting inside of my car. I hurriedly started it and got out of there, putting my seatbelt on at the light I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes at his audacity.

As long as I'd been working there, and he'd only been there for 5 months. He really has the nerve to come onto me so strong, even after knowing that I have a family at home. Hell my entire department knew.

I shook the thoughts from my head and continued on my way home.

Once I got there, of course I expected to see my significant other but of course she wasn't there. I rolled my eyes and huffed, getting out of the car. I unlocked the back door and made my way inside, my eyes met up with Malia and Carter standing in the hallway in front of the washer and dryer.